- “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” ― Ernest Hemingway.
- “There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” ― Ernest Hemingway.
- “Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Garden of Eden.
- “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” ― Ernest Hemingway.
- The rain will stop, the night will end, the hurt will fade. Hope is never so lost that it can't be found. Ernest Hemingway. Life, Motivational, Broken Heart.
- Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you quit, try. Ernest Hemingway. Thinking, Waiting, Trying.
- There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway. Lying, Men, Self.
- Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell.
Enjoy the best Ernest Hemingway Quotes at BrainyQuote. Quotations by Ernest Hemingway, American Novelist, Born July 21, 1899. Share with your friends.
- “I know enough to know that no woman should ever marry a man who hated his mother.” ― Martha Gellhorn, Selected Letters.
- “I didn't want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you good night — and there's a lot of difference.” ― Ernest Hemingway.
- “Why, darling, I don't live at all when I'm not with you.” ― Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms.
- “All men fear death. It’s a natural fear that consumes us all. We fear death because we feel that we haven’t loved well enough or loved at all, which ultimately are one and the same.
Sep 29, 2014 · Hemingway‘s short, punchy writing lends itself to great quotations.. Here we have a curated collection of some of the best Hemingway quotes we could find. From the The Sun Also Rises to Death in the Afternoon Hemingway is motivational, manly, drunk, and ever to the point.
Jul 23, 2020 · 30 Short and Straightforward Ernest Hemingway Quotes on Life and Writing Last Updated on July 24, 2020 Considered as one of the greatest 20 th century American novelists, Ernest Hemingway is remembered mostly for his literary contributions, such as “The Old Man and the Sea” and “A Moveable Feast” .
The same is also visible in his quotes that touch varied topics of life and give readers a new perspective and a new angle to ponder about. Check this section and explore some of the most popular Ernest Hemingway’s quotes.
Oct 03, 2013 · Ernest Hemingway was an American Author who had a strong influence on 20th Century fiction. He published seven novels, six short story collections, and two non-fiction works, his books are considered classics in American literature. We have put together 25 Of The Best Ernest Hemingway Quotes for you to enjoy! 25 Of The Best Ernest Hemingway Quotes
- “When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. The only thing that could spoil a day was people and if you could keep from making engagements, each day had no limits.
- “I am always in love.” ― Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises.
- “Most people were heartless about turtles because a turtle’s heart will beat for hours after it has been cut up and butchered. But the old man thought, I have such a heart too.”
- “He no longer dreamed of storms, nor of women, nor of great occurrences, nor of great fish, nor fights, nor contests of strength, nor of his wife. He only dreamed of places now and the lions on the beach.