- 19 Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise (1987) Relatively well known within hardcore anime circles, The Wings of Honnêamise falls off the radar ...
- 18 Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (2000)
- 17 Ninja Scroll (1993)
- 16 Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (1994)
- 15 Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence (2004)
People also ask
What are the best Japanese films?
What is the best Japanese animation?
Is there list for must watch Japanese films?
What is the best animated film of all time?
Aug 26, 2020 · The 19 Best Japanese Animated Movies. 19 Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise (1987) Relatively well known within hardcore anime circles, The Wings of Honnêamise falls off the radar ... 18 Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (2000) 17 Ninja Scroll (1993) 16 Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (1994) ...
- Ty Sheedlo
- Spirited Away. Spirited Away is a classic that blends modern Japanese sensibilities with ancient Japanese myths and legends. A family on their way to a new home finds a seemingly abandoned theme park, beginning their daughter’s entanglement in a strange spirit world as she tries to rescue her parents.
- My Neighbor Totoro. The movie “My Neighbor Totoro” is all about family, though it is defiantly a fantasy movie. Another classic from Studio Ghibli, this is a very sweet movie.
- Grave of the Fireflies. Grave of the Fireflies is one of the darker well-known anime movies. A pair of siblings struggle to survive during the last few months of World War II.
- Princess Mononoke. A wondrous and sweeping epic, Princess Mononoke tells the tale of a young cursed Prince’s exile into a forest in the throes of a vicious struggle between ancient spirits and industrializing humans.
CoMix Wave Film. IMDb: 7.3. Director: Shinkai Makoto. This coming-of-age story involving young love and mysterious music coming from a crystal radio left as a memento by an absent father, that leads a young heroine deep into a hidden world.
- 2 min
Oct 02, 2015 · 9 Famous Japanese Anime Films That Are Basically Just Porn. ... 12 Most Rewatchable Movie Sequels Of All Time 11 Classic 80s Movies With Awesome Animated TV Shows You Forgot Existed WWE. 46% Of ...
- Late Spring (1949) Director: Yasujirō Ozu. There is a slew of beautiful, moving films about families coming to terms with Japan after World War II. Late Spring, featuring one of legendary actress Setsuko Hara’s finest performances, is one of the best examples.
- Ikiru (1952) Director: Akira Kurosawa. Two years removed from the groundbreaking 1950 film Rashomon, Kurosawa was officially on a creative roll by this point.
- Ugetsu (1953) Director: Kenji Mizoguchi. The consequences of ambition, which can include love, shows up in a lot of the best Japanese movies. That theme isn’t exclusive to the country, but filmmakers like Kenji Mizoguchi have nonetheless directed films that explores the subject in decidedly singular ways.
- Seven Samurai (1954) Director: Akira Kurosawa. Six samurai, and then one lunatic with something to prove. These are the men who must defend a small village from a gang of bandits, who promise to destroy the village if the village doesn’t produce a certain amount of food for them.
96 Metascore. During her family's move to the suburbs, a sullen 10-year-old girl wanders into a world ruled by gods, witches, and spirits, and where humans are changed into beasts. Director: Hayao Miyazaki | Stars: Daveigh Chase, Suzanne Pleshette, Miyu Irino, Rumi Hiiragi. Votes: 650,592 | Gross: $10.06M.
- Spirited Away (2001) Moving is a drag for ten-year-old Chihiro, until she discovers she’s meant to work in a bathhouse for the spirit world. Director: Hayao Miyazaki.
- Alice (1988) This Lewis Carroll adaptation, from a brilliant Czech surrealist, is too wild and wonderful for kids. Director: Jan Svankmajer. Best quote: “Alice thought to herself, Now you will see a film…made for children…perhaps.”
- Akira (1988) A biker teen unleashes a psychic with apocalyptic powers—oh, and it’s 2019. Director: Katsuhiro Ohtomo. Best quote: “The future is not a straight line.
- Grave of the Fireflies (1988) This unflinching war story proves that, in animation, anything is possible. Director: Isao Takahata. Best quote: “September 21, 1945…that was the night I died.”
May 01, 2016 · Some of his most notable films include The Naked Island, a film about humans’ struggle against nature, and two Japanese horror classics, Onibaba and Kuroneko. Shindo’s films also became famous for their more forward approach to sexuality which was especially shocking in his early career.
- related to: famous japanese animated movie
yesflicks.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month