- Latin Phrases: Art ars est celare artem – True art is to conceal art ars est celare artem True art is to conceal art ars longa vita brevis Art is long life is short ars gratia artis Art is the reward of art. dramatis personae Characters of the play
People also ask
What are some inspiring quotes about being an artist?
What are the best Leonardo da Vinci Quotes?
What did Leonardo da Vinci say about art and science?
Is there a YouTube video of famous artist quotes?
- Paulo Coelho. Brazil-born Paulo Coelho is a lyricist and novelist who has become one of the most widely read authors in the world, and one of the most famous Latin Americans today.
- Frida Kahlo. Mexican painter Frida Kahlo de Rivera is best known for her self-portraits, her political activism and her focus on Mexican and Amerindian cultural traditions.
- Gabriel García Márquez. Born Gabriel José de la Concordia García Márquez, but known affectionately as ‘Gabo’, this Colombian journalist, short story writer, screenwriter and novelist is best known for his novels One Hundred Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera.
- Julio Cortázar. Julio Cortázar was born in Belgium to Argentine parents but grew up in Buenos Aires, eventually becoming a novelist, short story writer, essayist and translator.
- On the meaning of art: “Art is a line around your thoughts.” – Gustav Klimt. “To be an artist is to believe in life.” – Henry Moore. “Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.”
- On finding inspiration: “The richness I achieve comes from nature, the source of my inspiration.” – Claude Monet. “If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint.”
- On creating great art: “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” – Ansel Adams. “The works must be conceived with fire in the soul but executed with clinical coolness.”
- When you need a boost: “Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” – Georgia O’Keeffe.
Mar 06, 2015 · “To know ahead of time what you’re looking for means you’re then only photographing your own preconceptions, which is very limiting, and often false.” ~ Dorothea Lange Claude Monet, Water Lilies, 1908 “Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love.” ~ Claude Monet
Aug 04, 2022 · Francisco Goya Quotes on Art. August 5, 2022 by Art Quotes Leave a Comment. Francisco Goya was a famous Spanish painter, draftsman and printmaker. He is best known for his court works, iconic works like his May Second and May Third paintings, his shocking war etchings, and his late darker works where he explores the depravity of mankind and the monsters of his imagination.
- Diego Velázquez (1599 – 1660) Born in Seville, Diego Velázquez had a wildly successful career that made him the leading artist of what's known as the Spanish Golden Age.
- Francisco Goya (1746 – 1828) One of the most influential painters of the 18th century, Francisco Goya enjoyed enormous success during his lifetime. His work is often associated with the Romantic movement and he is considered one of the last great Old Masters.
- José Clemente Orozco (1883 – 1949) Mexican caricaturist and painter José Clemente Orozco helped usher in an important era of Mexican muralism that encouraged unity in the country after the Mexican Revolution.
- Frida Kahlo (1907 – 1954) With her deeply personal and symbolic work, Mexican artist Frida Kahlo has become one of the most famous artists of the 20th century.