- related to: famous people in american history
- Franklin D. Roosevelt. Roosevelt was responsible for numerous noteworthy foreign and domestic achievements that would...
- John D. Rockefeller. Rockefeller is known as the first major modern tycoon. He made a fortune with Standard Oil, and...
- Ulysses S. Grant. Not only was Grant one of American history’s greatest generals, but...
- W.E.B. Du Bois.
1 - 60 of 1,932 Historically important and notable Americans ranked by their popularity on On This Day. 1 - Abraham Lincoln. 2 - George Washington. 3 - Thomas Edison. 4 - Robert E. Lee. 5 - Charles Wilkes. 6 - Susan Blow. 7 - Frederick Douglass.
Nov 17, 2014 · A new, special issue of Smithsonian magazine attempts the impossible: to list out the most significant people in United States history Muhammad Ali, Abraham Lincoln, and Georgia O'Keeffe are among...
George Washington (1732–1799) Founding Father of the United States. Served as Commander in Chief of American forces during the War of Independence. Also elected the first President of the United States, serving for eight years (1789-1797). Thomas Paine (1737-1809) English-American writer and political activist.
- Matt Meltzer
- George Washington. This should be as surprising as a $5 birthday check from your Nana, but can you really argue with the general who led a spunky group of young American rebels to one of the greatest military upsets of all time?
- Thomas Jefferson. It would be pretty hard to leave the guy who, literally, defined America off the list. Like, he not only wrote the Declaration of Independence, but then helped shape the Constitution from afar through his letters to James Madison, essentially the two documents that spell out exactly what this country is.
- Teddy Roosevelt. Not only is he the coolest guy ever from New Yorkand the only face on Mt. Rushmore from the 20th century, he was also probably the most rugged president in history, who preferred his alone time in the North Dakota wilderness to his home in New York.
- Harriet Tubman. One of the pioneers of the Underground Railroad, a pistol-toting Tubman repeatedly risked her life to free runaway slaves. She made a total of 13 trips between the South and the North, and because of her bravery, over 70 enslaved families and friends were rescued from plantations and brought to the Union.
People also ask
Who are some famous people in the United States?
Where can I find list of famous people?
Who are some famous people from the colonies?
Who are some famous people from the Reconstruction era?
American History Calendar: A calendar site showing American history in a unique way: through a user-friendly web calendar.Birthdays of important people in American history and important events in American history can be viewed; interactive - browse through it and display details on a specific person or event.
Find out more about the greatest Americans, including Meghan Markle, XXXTentacion, Anthony Bourdain, Donald Glover and Kate Spade.
Dec 01, 2006 · The 100 Most Influential Figures in American History. Who are the most influential figures in American history? We asked 10 eminent historians.The result, collected here, is The Atlantic’s 100 ...
- Marilyn Monroe (1926 – 1962) American actress, singer, model
- Abraham Lincoln (1809 – 1865) US President during American civil war
- Nelson Mandela (1918 – 2013) South African President anti-apartheid campaigner
- John F. Kennedy (1917 – 1963) US President 1961 – 1963