- 90s Alternative Bands with Female Singers Though alternative rock was initially dominated by male artists, women soon began to make their mark on the genre. Bands like The Cranberries, Hole, and Veruca Salt (Fronted with female singers) had a unique sound that set them apart from other artists at the time.
People also ask
What female artists fronted their own bands in the '90s?
What was the 90s alternative music scene like for women?
What are the best 90s alternative female badass bands?
Who is the most famous female artist of the 90s?
- What's Going On, Linda Perry? Linda Perry is multitalented. She was the lead singer and main songwriter of 4 Non Blondes who are remembered for their smash hit "What's Up?"
- Sharleen Spiteri. Scottish singer Sharleen Spiteri became a household name in the U.K. after she became the lead singer of Texas. The band released their debut album, Southside, in 1989 but hit it big time during the late '90s with their hugely successful albums White On Blonde and The Hush.
- "Criminal" Star Fiona Apple. Before Jay-Z had a streaming service called Tidal, Fiona Apple had a 1996 debut album with the same name. The "Criminal" hitmaker has consistently released critically-acclaimed records that have inspired a whole generation.
- Liz Phair. American singer-songwriter Liz Phair is known for her honest and explicit lyrics. In 1993, she released her first album, Exile in Guyville, and has since dropped five more LPs.
Jul 20, 2015 · The queen of the '90s alternative female badass bands is without a doubt Courtney Love and Hole. Portishead. Our impressionable ears perked up in the 90s when English trip hop group Portishead ...
In the early 1990s, alternative music was on the rise. Bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden were gaining popularity, and the Seattle scene was becoming well known. However, there was another side to the alternative music scene in the 90s that often gets overlooked. This was the female-led alternative music scene.
Mar 15, 2021 · Love is an inspiration to many modern alt singers, including Heather Baron-Gracie of Pale Waves, who hopes to make '90s-sounding music similar to Hole in future releases. Garbage Garbage are best...
Here are some of the best alternative girl bands of the 90s. From Jewel to Hole, these underrated gems deserve some love! Hole; L7; Skunk Anansie; Garbage; Sleater-Kinney; The Breeders; Bikini Kill; No Doubt; Babes In Toyland; The Cranberries; Babes in Toyland (band) Pop Girl Bands of 90s. In the 90s, music was a major part of pop culture.