The Best Female Indie Artists & Female-Fronted Bands
www.ranker.com/list/the-best-female-fronted-indie-bands-and-artists/muzziac#:~:text=The Best Female Indie Artists & Female-Fronted Bands,grrrl, Punk rock, Indie rock More items...
- Björk Electronica, Experimental rock, Alternative dance
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs Garage rock, Alternative rock, Indie rock
- PJ Harvey Punk blues, Experimental rock, Indie rock
- Metric Indie pop, Synthpop, New Wave
- St. ...
- Sleater-Kinney Riot grrrl, Alternative rock, Punk rock
- Beach House Indie pop, Shoegazing, Dream pop
- Bikini Kill Riot grrrl, Punk rock, Indie rock
People also ask
Which are bands fronted by women?
Can indie music artists really survive?
Who are the indie bands?
Oct 31, 2019 · The Best Romantic Movies Based on Books The Best Seasons of 'Justified' Top 10 Current Queries in Bands/Musicians: the vanishing story famous asian characters estefania gutierrez lazaro siblings crazy history stories violent anime movies ugly anime characters animal crossing new horizons flag designs famous scorpio men best doritos flavor most ...
Browse the top female indie artists to find new music. Scrobble songs to get recommendations on tracks you'll love.
May 31, 2019 · But my passion for music, and especially indie artists not widely covered by the mainstream music media that seems to get more inane by the day, has won out. I want to keep listening, and writing ...
The true definition of indie music bringing people together. Lead singer/organist Victoria Legrand and guitarist Alex Scally formed the band after meeting through Baltimore’s indie rock scene in 2004. The duo has grown an insane following, two of their fans including Jay-Z and Beyoncé! WAR PAINT
- Ilana Kaplan
- Patti Smith. Punk poet Patti Smith needs no introduction. Her blending of rock and poetry on her 1975 debut album, Horses, made her an iconic figure in rock, particularly the NYC punk scene.
- Debbie Harry (Blondie) As the lead singer of Blondie, Debbie Harry become a punk icon in the New York City rock scene. Touting sexuality, style and spunk, she was also responsible for some of the most legendary hits of disco’s heyday, among them ‘Heart of Glass’ and ‘Rapture’.
- Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac) From her start in Fleetwood Mac to her solo releases, Stevie Nicks has become rock royalty. Known for her mystical persona and concert storytelling, Nicks has been lauded as one of the most prolific singer-songwriters in history.
- Joan Jett (The Runaways, Joan Jett And The Blackhearts) Dubbed “The Queen Of Rock’n’Roll”, Joan Jett’s legacy stems from founding The Runaways with Lita Ford, Cherie Currie, Jackie Fox and Sandy West, and then her band Joan Jett And The Blackhearts.
- Starcrawler. Based out of Los Angeles Starcrawler is a punk rock band formed in 2015 when lead singer Arrow de Wilde was just 16. A DIY band Starcrawler thrives on the nostalgia of the 70s with the ferocity of modern day punk.
- PVRIS. A synth-infused rock group PVRIS is a band with significant staying power. Currently with two albums out this band has opened for the likes of alternative heavy hitters such as Fall Out Boy and Mayday Parade.
- Deap Vally. Formed in Los Angeles this rock duo is made up of Lindsey Troy and Julie Edwards. Their sound is authentically rock, echoing the roughness of female rock singers from the 1960s and 1970s.
- The Regrettes. This incredibly youthful band is led by eighteen-year-old Lydia Night. The Regrettes have songs like “Seashore” and “Pumpkin” that recall the day of riot grrrl music.
- Alabama Shakes. The rock crew fronted by Brittany Howard has built an electric, festival-ready live show out of the soulful Americana featured on its first two albums.
- Blondie. Blondie not only scored a mountain of hit singles — “Call Me,” “Heart of Glass” and “Atomic” among them — but changed the way a female can be perceived in rock music.
- Gladys Knight & The Pips. Gladys Knight and her crew of male backup vocalists helped shape the sound of Motown in the 60’s and 70’s: “Midnight Train to Georgia” was a No. 1 hit and instant classic, but the soul act’s run extended long after that 1973 hit.
- The Carpenters. After beating artists like Elton John and the Partridge Family for the best new artist Grammy in 1971, the Carpenters -- brother Richard and sister Karen -- enjoyed a monumentally successfully run for the rest of the decade, behind Karen’s heavenly voice.
Feel-Good results for female indie rock artists