The Berliner Fernsehturm or Fernsehturm Berlin (English: Berlin Television Tower) is a television tower in central Berlin, Germany.. Located in the Marien quarter (Marienviertel), close to Alexanderplatz in the locality and district of Mitte, the tower was constructed between 1965 and 1969 by the government of the German Democratic Republic (East Germany).
People also ask
What does Fernsehturm Berlin mean?
What is Berlin TV tower?
What is a television tower?
21/05/2020 Berlin TV Tower App. Start in the Berlin TV Tower at Alexanderplatz and discover the whole city from there: The new app of the Berlin TV Tower compiles knowledge from its team and gives an overview of Berlin’s most exciting sights and experiences.
- PanoramaStraße 1A, Berlin, 10178
- 030 247575875
360° Berlin verschenken … mit der Gutscheinkarte für den Berliner Fernsehturm! Das perfekte Geschenk für Fernsehturm-Fans und für Alle die hoch hinaus wollen. Mit der elektronischen Gutscheinkarte können alle Angebote des Berliner Fernsehturms bezahlt werden.
Berlin 1-Hour City Cruise: History and Main Attractions (From $22.24) Discover Berlin Half-Day Walking Tour (From $24.20) Big Bus Berlin Hop on Hop off tour with Walking Tour (From $32.66) 3-Hour Berlin Highlights Bike Tour (From $33.87) See all Berliner Fernsehturm experiences on Tripadvisor
- Panoramastr. 1A, Berlin, 10178
Everyone is supposed to remember that Berlin's Fernsehturm (TV Tower) is 365m high and the tallest building in Berlin. As urban legend has it, the tower's height was a deliberate decision taken by Walter Ulbricht, Leader of the SED, so that every child would be able to remember it, just like the days of the year.
- It was originally designed to be only 130 meters tall. At first, the TV tower was supposed to be much smaller and located in another place – Müggelberge.
- The Fernsehturm is 46 years old. Building of the tower began in 1965 and finished in 1969. The East German government had a goal to finish construction by October 3, 1969, so the laborers worked in three different shifts to expedite the process.
- It is extremely heavy. The tower was built out of 7,900 cubic meters of concrete and 3,400 tons of steel. The sphere weighs 4,800 tons, the tower itself – 26,000 tons.
- It is the tallest building in Germany. The total height of the tower is 368 meters. It ‘grew up’ a bit after installation of a new antenna in the 1990s; previously it had been 365 meters.
Tallest building in Berlin that rises 368 metres or 1,207 ft above the surrounding area. A unique landmark against the skyline of Berlin. The surrounding area has plenty of cafes, restaurants, souvenir shops, and places to relax. You can get here by going to Alexanderplatz station. It was very busy when we visited on a Sunday.
Apr 14, 2019 · The Berlin television tower (Fernsehturm, TV Tower) is the tallest building in Germany. Built in 1969 by the GDR, the tower is near Alexanderplatz in Berlin Mitte is the city’s most visited tourist attraction alongside the Pergamon Museum.
- related to: fernsehturm berlin
discount99.us has been visited by 100K+ users in the past month
9.0/10 (373094 reviews)