Get directions, maps, and traffic for Florence, Toscana. Check flight prices and hotel availability for your visit.
This is the start of a mysterious and fascinating trip: a voyage across more than 20 centuries of creativity through which art and history intertwine, telling the story of what human ingenuity has created through the ages.
Map of Florence and travel information about Florence brought to you by Lonely Planet.
Florence Area Map. Neighborhoods. ... Located about a half-mile southeast of the Duomo is the Basilica di Santa Croce, the final resting place for some of Italy's most famous people, including ...
Map of Florence Italy You can get a free map of Florence Italy in several places in town. But, if you want to familiarize yourself with the city right away, print out this free map of Florence. Once you get here however, I recommend going to one of the tourist information offices that give out very good maps and lots of other goodies too.
- Florence, Italy travel guide and tips - Planning your travel in Florence Italy? [1 of 4]youtube.com
- Florence, Tuscany, Italy, Europeyoutube.com
- Florence, Italy travel guide - City guide for first-time visitors [2 of 2]youtube.com
- 20 Things to do in Florence, Italy Travel Guideyoutube.com
About Florence (Firenze): The Facts: Region: Tuscany. Province: Florence. Area: 39 sq mi (102 sq km). Population: ~ 382,000.
- Academia Gallery, Galleria dell’Accademia. The Grand Duke of Lorena named Pietro Leopoldo decided to put all the art schools in Florence in one location and calling it the fine arts academy.
- San Lorenzo and the Mercato Centrale. Florence has a variety of outdoor markets. One of the best known is the San Lorenzo and Mercato Centre. Just behind the basilica of San Lorenzo, it is one of Florence’s great outdoor markets.
- Florence Cathedral – Basilica di San Lorenzo. Located in the San Larenzo neighbourhood which was the original home of the Medici family. Central to the area is the huge Mercato Centrale market.
- Piazza del Duomo, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. Map of Duomo, click HERE. Visiting hours and tickets, click HERE. You will be asked to reserve a time slot when purchasing the ticket.
Check out our florence italy map selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our wall décor shops.
- Florence Cathedral (Duomo): About The Duomo: Officially called the Cathedral of Santa Maria of the Flower (del Fiore), Florence’s Cathedral (Duomo) is the most monumental landmark in town.
- Duomo Interior: About The Duomo: If you have already been inside the grand cathedrals in Siena, Venice, or Rome, it can be easy to find the interior of Florence’s Duomo to be quite boring in comparison, but it is worthwhile.
- Brunelleschi’s Dome: About Brunelleschi’s Dome: The concept for the iconic dome was started by the Florence Cathedral builders in 1296, but this masterpiece of the church wasn’t realized until the designs of Brunelleschi (previous a goldsmith) in 1420.
- Giotto’s Bell Tower (Campanile): About The Bell Tower: 276 feet tall and 414 steps to top (no elevator). slender bell tower, originally considered the toughest challenge, more than the dome.
Feel-Good results for florence italy map