TheSiege of Forli (19 December 1499-12 January 1500) was a siege action of the Italian War of 1499-1504. Cesare Borgia's Papal and French armies laid siege to Caterina Sforza's fortress of Forli, and they succeeded in exploiting a tunnel beneath the defensive walls to breach the city's defenses. Caterina Sforza was captured during the fall of her stronghold, which was a major Papal victory. In ...
- 2 min
Forli Castle (Google Maps). Explore Forli Castle in Forlì, Italy as it appears on Google Maps as well as pictures, stories and other notable nearby locations on VirtualGlobetrotting.com.
Explore Forli Castle in Forlì, Italy as it appears on Google Maps and Bing Maps as well as pictures, stories and other notable nearby locations on VirtualGlobetrotting.com.
- Assassin's Creed Pilgrimage - Tour of Forliyoutube.com
- Ravaldino's Secret: Ezio and Mongolian Assassin Qulan Gal Seal (Assassin's Creed 2 | Altair Armor)youtube.com
- Urbex - Abandoned Places Explorations: Rocca Monte Poggiolo - Terra Del Sole, Forlì (Italy) 2017youtube.com
- AC Brotherhood HD Walkthrough Part 18 - Saving the Princess in the Castleyoutube.com
TheSiege of Forli (1497) was a battle of the Italian Wars. The battle saw the Papal army of Juan Borgia fail to conquer Forli and capture Caterina Sforza as the result of a surprise attack on the Papal rear by Ludovico Sforza's Milanese army. The Papal army was destroyed in an ignominious defeat. The House of Sforza was one of the most powerful families in Renaissance-era Italy, controlling ...
- 2 min
Answered: Was wondering if anyone could give me the names of all the castles in Forli it would have still been a castle in the 1950's. I have reason to believe the particular castle I am looking for may be an apartment now.
People also ask
What is the history of the Brescia Castle?
What is a Castel castle?
Where was caterina sforza born?
What are the best castles in Italy?
This wonderful and perfectly-preserved castle for sale stands on the hills of Tuscan Romagna, in the province of Forlì Cesena, and was built as a fortress in 1564 by Baldassarre Lanci, on orders from Cosimo I de' Medici.Besides being a good governor, Grand Duke Cosimo was also a skilled architect and had a fine tast for art, building a big ...
- San Mercuriale Abbey. Located in the Piazza Aurelio Saffi, the Basilica Abbey of San Mercuriale is a fantastic structure that stands as the main religious building in Forli.
- Piazza Aurelio Saffi. The Piazza Aurelio Saffi is one of the main squares in the centre of Forli. You can reach this square on foot and it features several important landmarks.
- Parco Urbano Franco Agosto. This large public park is located on the south western edge of the city centre and is one of the main public recreational spaces in Forli.
- San Domenico Museum. Accompanying the San Mercuriale Abbey is the fantastic San Domenico Museum complex. Located in the Piazza Guido da Montefeltro, this set of museums is hosted in an old monastery that was created in the 13th century and has since been restored.
San Colombano Castle , San Colombano al Lambro. Built in the 12th century by the Frederick I and renovated in the 14th century by the Visconti family. Sforza Castle , Milan .
Caterina Sforza (1463 – 28 May 1509) was an Italian noblewoman, the Countess of Forlì and Lady of Imola, firstly with her husband Girolamo Riario, and after his death as a regent of her son Ottaviano.
An obstinate castellan (keeper of the castle) was refusing to allow her admittance until old debts were settled; in August, through a combination of conspiracy and assassination, Caterina regained control of Ravaldino, and installed Tommaso Feo as castellan. During these events, the remarkable Caterina rode on horseback from Imola to Forlì and ...