- 1. not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes: "I have no ambitions other than to have a happy life and be free"
- 2. not or no longer confined or imprisoned: "the researchers set the birds free" Similar Opposite
- 1. without cost or payment: "ladies were admitted free" Similar Opposite
- 2. with the sheets eased: "I kept her off the wind and sailing free until I had all square forward"
- 1. release from captivity, confinement, or slavery: "they were freed from jail" Similar Opposite
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries
Aug 11, 2022 · The World's most comprehensive free online dictionary, thesaurus, and encyclopedia with synonyms, definitions, idioms, abbreviations, and medical, financial, legal specialized dictionaries
Free Dictionary is an online English Dictionary that gives you English definitions, synonyms, pronunciation, spelling and more. Free dictionary has Auto Suggestion and Auto Spell Check technology. To Begin, just type! Words starting with what you are typing will appear automagically under the textbox.
The Free Online English Dictionary from Macmillan Education. Definitions, meanings, synonyms, pronunciations, games, sound effects, high-quality images, idioms and metaphors, resources for teachers and students
Download the #1 FREE dictionary app for your Android or iPhone mobile device. Now with more definitions, free games, and learning tools.
Offers dictionary, translation and information software including custom work for corporate users. Works from English to 12 different languages.
The Free Dictionary's Idioms dictionary is the largest collection of English idioms and slang in the world. It contains more than 60,000 entries from several of the most trusted names in publishing. Search by keyword or full phrase to get clear, in-depth definitions of American idioms, British idioms, and idioms and slang from throughout the ...
Online Dictionary - Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia; translations into Spanish, French, German, and Italian; examples from classic literature; search ...