- Cathedral of St. Bartholomew (Free) Known as Dom St. ...
- Old Town of Hochst (Free) Wandering along the beautiful neighborhood of Hochst is one of the best things to do in Frankfurt for free.
- Free Museums in Frankfurt (Free) You don’t really need to spend a lot of money when visiting some of the museums in Frankfurt. ...
- St. ...
People also ask
What to do in Frankfurt Germany?
Is Frankfurt the gateway to Europe?
What is the best day trip from Frankfurt Germany?
Where to stay in Frankfurt, Germany?
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Frankfurt, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 53,771 traveler reviews and photos of Frankfurt tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in October. We have reviews of the best places to see in Frankfurt. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
- Take a walk through the peaceful Korean Garden. Frankfurt is a very green city – something that you’ll notice straightaway from the plane. The city centre is fringed by large parks, one of them being Grüneburgpark, where you’ll find a typical Korean Garden; a gift to the city from South Korea.
- Explore the city by night. Frankfurt takes on a different character at night. Its busy commercial streets become a pleasure to walk through when the shops and offices are shut, and the old town has more of a romantic aura in the dark than it does during the day.
- Check out the beautiful buildings in the Old Town. Frankfurt was heavily bombed during the Second World War, and the city’s medieval quarter was partially destroyed in a single raid.
- Go for a pleasant stroll along the river promenade. The wide, tree-lined promenade along the river Main offers some panoramic vistas of the city’s skyline, particularly from the south bank and the love lock bridge.
Free Things to Do in Frankfurt . Traveling on a tight budget in Frankfurt? Spend time, not cash, on great experiences. Bibelhaus - Stroll the halls and explore the thought-provoking exhibits and carefully curated collections at this museum. Alter Flugplatz - Loads of fun and action awaits you at this great place.
- Museumsufer. Grouped together on both sides of the River Main is a cluster of 12 museums in an area known as the Museumsufer (Museum Embankment). Most are on the left bank (south side).
- Städel Museum. One of Germany’s top cultural attractions, the Städel Museum has recently been named German Museum of the Year following an extension for contemporary art in 2012.
- Main Tower. In Frankfurt’s ever-growing forest of skyscrapers there’s still only one tower with a public viewing platform. The 200-metre Main Tower opened in the year 2000 and is the fourth-tallest building in the city, which also makes it the fourth-tallest in Germany.
- Goethe House and Museum. The German polymath Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was born at the fine corbelled house on 23 Großer Hirschgraben in 1749. It’s a medieval dwelling that had been updated with a Rococo facade and interior just before Goethe’s parents moved in.
Things to do in Frankfurt Germany Families can enjoy many activities in Frankfurt. It's a great city with wonderful people and places to visit. Near Frankfurt is the Opel Zoo, with many things th
Aug 01, 2018 · Things to do in Frankfurt in 24 Hours. This is a detailed itinerary for 24-hours in Frankfurt if you happen to have a layover or are stopping on your way through. One day in Frankfurt is enough to see lots of the city and check out most of the top things to do in Frankfurt, Germany’s financial capital.
Discover 10 hidden attractions, cool sights, and unusual things to do in Frankfurt, Germany from Pinkelbaum (Peeing Tree) to Henninger Turm.
- Atlas Obscura
- Stroll Through Historic Römerberg. Address. Römerberg 26, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 21238800. Web Visit website. The Römerberg ("Roman Mountain") is the historic heart of Frankfurt.
- Head Up to the Main Tower. Address. Main Tower, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. There is no better way to see Frankfurt than from the top of the Main Tower, the city's only high-rise open to the public.
- Tour the Goethe House. Address. Großer Hirschgraben 23-25, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 138800. Web Visit website. Frankfurt is the birthplace of Germany's most important writer, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, born in 1749.
- See Europe's Largest Dinosaur Skeleton. Address. Senckenberganlage 25, 60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Get directions. Phone +49 69 75420. Web Visit website.
- Rhine Valley Trip from Frankfurt including Rhine River Cruise. 506 Reviews. 7 hours 45 minutes. By: ETS Touristik GmbH. Popular: Booked by 5,957 travelers!
- Heidelberg Half-Day Trip from Frankfurt. 284 Reviews. 5 hours 30 minutes. By: ETS Touristik GmbH. Popular: Booked by 3,803 travelers! from $94.17.
- Frankfurt City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour. 158 Reviews. 8 hours. By: ETS Touristik GmbH. Popular: Booked by 3,413 travelers! from $17.88.
- Black Forest and Strasbourg Day Trip from Frankfurt. 149 Reviews. 10 hours. By: ETS Touristik GmbH. Popular: Booked by 1,371 travelers! from $292.05.
Feel-Good results for free things to do in frankfurt germany
Things to Do in Frankfurt If you are in town for business or a short trip , there are still plenty of operas or museums or jazz concerts you can fit into your itinerary. On top of that, Frankfurt has top attractions like the Main Tower to entertain the whole family .