French West Africa (French: Afrique-Occidentale française, AOF) was a federation of eight French colonial territories in Africa: Mauritania, Senegal, French Sudan (now Mali), French Guinea (now Guinea), Ivory Coast, Upper Volta (now Burkina Faso), Dahomey (now Benin) and Niger. The federation existed from 1895 until 1958.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_West_Africa
French West Africa (French: Afrique-Occidentale française, AOF) was a federation of eight French colonial territories in Africa: Mauritania, Senegal, French Sudan (now Mali), French Guinea (now Guinea), Ivory Coast, Upper Volta (now Burkina Faso), Dahomey (now Benin) and Niger. The federation existed from 1895 until 1958.
French West Africa, administrative grouping under French rule from 1895 until 1958 of the former French territories of West Africa: Senegal, French Guinea, the Ivory Coast, and the French Sudan, to which Dahomey was added in 1899.
It has been suggested that this fragmentation was an attempt by France to create a destabilized and fragmented West Africa, perhaps in hopes of gaining an upper hand in the approaching post-colonial period (Crowder, 1990: 78). By 1960, the territories of French West Africa had achieved independence.
- How France maintains its grip on Africayoutube.com
- French citizen kidnapped in Mali, West Africayoutube.com
- 2 French commandos killed freeing hostages in West Africayoutube.com
- Single currency hopes to unite West African nationsyoutube.com
French West Africa synonyms, French West Africa pronunciation, French West Africa translation, English dictionary definition of French West Africa. A former federation of French territories in western Africa comprising the present-day countries of Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea, Mali,...
Sep 27, 2015 - Explore Bernhard A Kats MD's board "French West Africa", followed by 191 people on Pinterest. See more ideas about french west africa, west africa, africa.
- SENEGAL – DAKAR. Museum Of African History, Senegal. Officially called the Republic of Senegal. It is the 86th largest country in the world in terms of land area and has a population of over 15 million people as at 2017.
- MALI – BAMAKO. Bamako Mali. Mali, a landlocked country in West Africa Officially called the Republic of Mali. To the northeast it is bordered by Algeria, Niger to the east, Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast to the South, Guinea borders it to the southeast and Senegal and Mauritania to the west.
- GUINEA – CONAKRY. Conakry, Guinea – Francophone Countries In West Africa And Their Capitals. This country is sometimes referred to as Guinea – Conakry. This is for the sole reason so as to differentiate it from other wider regions having the same name.
- MAURITANIA – NOUAKCHOTT. Mauritania. The Islamic Republic of Mauritania is one of the Francophone countries in West Africa. It is said to be the largest country in Africa.
People also ask
How do many West Africa countries speak French?
Which African countries were French colonies?
When did the French colonize West Africa?
What are the French speaking West African countries?
Oct 6, 2020 - Explore Randolph Malcolm Robinson's board "French west africa" on Pinterest. See more ideas about Black history facts, African history, Black history.
Meaningful Lessons I’m Learning in French West Africa There are so many meaningful, valuable and beautiful lessons to be learned from living in French West Africa. Every day provides a lesson of some kind, a new way of looking at things and a different approach to a certain situation or event.
French West Africa. This is a list of European colonial administrators responsible for the territory of French West Africa , an area equivalent to modern-day Mauritania , Mali , Niger , Senegal , Guinea , Ivory Coast , Burkina Faso , Benin and Togo .