- Demand is expected to be high this summer as more vacationers opt for road trips amid the lingering pandemic, which could push prices up further. An Exxon station in Washington, DC ran out of gas on May 15, 2021 after a cyberattack crippled the biggest pipeline in the country and drivers started to stockpile fuel.
People also ask
Why is there a shortage of gasoline?
Will there be a shortage of gas?
Why is shortage of gas?
Apr 27, 2021 · New York (CNN Business) Millions of people stuck at home for more than a year are expected to hit the road for much-needed post-pandemic vacations this summer. Good luck finding gas. Not that...
Jun 28, 2021 · At this point in 2019, only 10% of tankers were sitting idle for that reason. Coming this summer: Gas stations running out of gas. "We've been dealing with a driver shortage for awhile, but the ...
May 04, 2021 · Fact Check: Gas shortage this summer? Nikki Rudd Created: May 04, 2021 05:50 AM ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — We made it to the month of May. Memorial Day is right around the corner. Are you planning ...
- Nikki Rudd
Jun 29, 2021 · Some of the highest gas prices in town are posted on a signboard at a gas station in downtown Los Angeles, California on June 22, 2021, as gasoline prices rise. AFP via Getty Images And there’s no...
- Will Feuer
- Chicken. The fried chicken wars are putting a strain on the poultry population. Major chains, including KFC, Buffalo Wild Wings and Wingstop, are "paying steep prices" for chicken and suppliers are having trouble keeping up demand because of difficulties attracting workers, the Wall Street Journal reported this week.
- Chlorine. EMBED. Swimming pool owners scramble for supplies as nationwide chlorine shortage looks to dry up their plans for the summer. Summer is around the corner, but anyone looking forward to a refreshing dip in the pool to cool off may be in for a big "shock."
- Computer chips. In the market for a new car, smartphone or washing machine this year? A global shortage of computer chips could mean you have to wait a while - and pay more.
- Gas. EMBED. According to National Tank Truck Carriers, up to a quarter of all tank trucks in the country that carry gas are parked because they don't have drivers.
Jun 28, 2021 · A shortage of drivers is a problem throughout the trucking industry, but it takes special qualifications to drive a tank truck, which makes the shortage worse than in other sectors. According to ...
Jun 15, 2021 · and last updated 5:53 AM, Jun 16, 2021 The demand for gas has gone up, as AAA predicts Americans will take roughly 700 million trips this summer, most of them by car.
- Mariel Carbone