Apr 15, 2020 · The Getty Museum in Los Angeles announced the launch of an online challenge, in which participants were encouraged to pick their favourite artwork and recreate it using three items in their homes.
- Sabrina Barr
Mar 30, 2020 · While museums around the globe are closed due to the novel coronavirus the J. Paul Getty Museum got people to take a stab at bringing classic cultural artifacts to life on the internet and the...
- People nail challenge to re-create famous paintingstoday.com
- CBS Los Angeles - People Challenged To Recreate Artworks With Items From Homefacebook.com
- People recreate famous paintings with household items in viral challengeyoutube.com
- Coronavirus outbreak forces creative workouts at homeusatoday.com
- Madonna and Child. The only thing better than art is a puppy. And the only thing we like more than Master of St. Cecilia's painting of "Madonna and Child" is this person's recreation of it.
- Portrait of a Halberdier. Who needs a spear/battle ax when you've got a hockey stick? This person recreated Pontormo's "Portrait of a Halberdier." We can barely tell the difference.
- Still Life. One person recreated the painting, "Still Life with Fish, Vegetables, Gougères, Pots, and Cruets on a Table," by French artist Jean-Siméon Chardin.
- The Scream. A Twitter user creatively recreated Edvard Munch's "The Scream" using socks, toy cars, clothes, and a quite relevant box of Clorox wipes. We're honestly impressed.
Apr 01, 2020 · The Getty in Los Angeles, California sparked a viral trend of recreating art masterpieces at home. Getty. Topline: When the Getty Museum in Los Angeles called on its online followers to recreate ...
Visit our Los Angeles museums and library, interact with art, and access free research tools.
Trending Now. Read Jan 05 WATCH LIVE: Congress holds joint session to confirm Electoral College vote. Read Jan 06 WATCH: Raphael Warnock speaks on Georgia Senate runoff. Read Jan 05 Trump insists ...
Apr 10, 2020 · The Getty issued a challenge on Twitter encouraging everyone to get in touch with their inner artist. The museum challenged art lovers to re-create works of art with household objects. The rules...
Apr 02, 2020 · On the contrary, Los Angeles' Getty Museum has presented a social media activity that encourages those stuck inside to connect with historical artwork. The challenge: Followers must re-create a...
- Carly Mallenbaum
Dec 22, 2020 · This was one of the first examples of the Getty Museum Challenge that I saw, and it wowed me immediately. It’s a huge cliché to say that it brings a mute and ancient artwork to life, but it really does, and it’s so exciting to see someone engage with an object in our collection with such wit and creativity.
Feel-Good results for getty museum challenge
Jul 27, 2020 · For all of you who’ve contributed to the Getty Museum Challenge and all of you who’ve loved it, we hope the book will bring you a few new discoveries and a whole bunch of joy. To get your copy, visit the Getty Store.