- Goblin) is a South Korean television series starring Gong Yoo in the title role. It aired on cable network tvN every Friday and Saturday at 20:00 starting December 2, 2016 until January 21, 2017.
The Lonely and Great God – Goblin) is a South Korean television series starring Gong Yoo in the title role with Kim Go-eun, Lee Dong-wook, Yoo In-na, and Yook Sung-jae. It was shown on the cable network tvN from December 2, 2016 to January 21, 2017. It was written by popular drama writer Kim Eun-sook.
Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (Hangul: 쓸쓸하고 찬란하神 – 도깨비; lit. Goblin) is a South Korean television series starring Gong Yoo in the title role. It aired on cable network tvN every Friday and Saturday at 20:00 starting December 2, 2016 until January 21, 2017.
Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) is a goblin and protector of souls, and formerly an unbeatable general for a young King (Kim Min-jae) in the Goryeo era. Blessed, and cursed, with immortality, Shin needs a human "goblin's bride" in order to end his long life.
- Lee Sang-rok
- Park Sung-yong Kang Yoon-soon
- December 2, 2016 – January 21, 2017
In Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, a popular 2016 Korean drama, 939-year-old immortal goblin Kim Shin (played by Gong Yoo) is the protector of souls who looks for his bride (the only one who can remove the sword he was killed with) to end his immortality and rest in peace.
- Original Soundtrack
- International Broadcast
- External Links
Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) is a goblin and protector of souls. He is the landlord of the grim reaper (Lee Dong-wook) who is in charge of taking deceased souls. Shin doesn't want immortality anymore but needs a human goblin's bride in order to end his long life. Meanwhile, Ji Eun-tak (Kim Go-eun) is a high school student who despite her painful reality, remains optimistic. She summons the goblin by chance and through various encounters, ends up falling in love with him. Sunny (Yoo In-na) is an owner of a chicken wing shop, a woman who is loved by all men. These four people's lives change when they encounter and their lives become entangled.
1. Gong Yooas Kim Shin, also known as Goblin 1. A 939-year-old immortal goblin and protector of souls who is in search for his bride, the only one who can remove the sword piercing through his chest. Once the sword is removed, he may finally move to the afterlife and rest in peace. He possesses supernatural powers that come with his immortality but he has to pay a huge price for this. He feels lonely as he has to watch his loved ones leaving him behind when their lifespan ends. He served as a...
1. Lee El as Samshin, Goddess of Birth and Fate 2. Kim Sung-kyum as Chairman Yoo Shin-woo, Deok-hwa's grandfather 3. Yum Hye-ran as Ji Yeon-suk, Eun-tak's aunt 4. Jung Young-gi as Park Kyung-shik, Eun-tak's male cousin 5. Choi Rias Park Kyung-mi, Eun-tak's female cousin 6. Jo Woo-jin as Kim Do-young, Deok-hwa's secretary
1. Park Hee-vonas Ji Yeon-hee, Ji Eun-tak's mother (Ep. 1, 7) 2. Kim Min-jaeas Wang Yeo (Ep. 1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13) 3. Kim So-hyunas Kim Sun (Ep. 1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13) 4. Jung Hae-inas Choi Tae-hee, Ji Eun-tak's first love (Ep. 7, 8)
The series was written by Kim Eun-sook, who also wrote the popular series Secret Garden (2010), The Heirs (2013) and Descendants of the Sun (2016). The drama marked her second collaboration with director Lee Eun-bok after both worked on Descendants. The first script-reading was held at Nuri Dream Square in Sangam-dong, Seoul, South Korea, on 30 August 2016. The Goryeo-era flashback scenes were filmed on Gimje, North Jeolla Province in September 22 for the battlefield scenes, while the palace scenes were shot at Naju Image Theme Park. Goblin and Grim Reaper's house (external shots) was filmed at (formerly) Unhyeongung's Western House, presently inside Duksung Women's University(utilized for administration offices). Overseas filming mainly took place in Quebec City, Canada in October, featuring locations such as the Château Frontenac, Parc du Bastion-de-la-Reine (the Yoo family cemetery), Petit Champlain (Goblin's door to Canada),...
OST Part 14
There was a controversy surrounding the release of the song “Round and Round”. Originally, the song was sung by Han Soo-ji. However, when the song was officially released, Han was merely a featuring on the track, which was sung by Heize. This caused dissatisfaction among fans, who loved Han's voice. CJ E&M released an official apology, saying that Han was enlisted to record just the first 50 seconds of the song, but the writer of the song, Nam Hye-seung, requested si...
The drama was a hit and consistently topped cable television viewership ratings in its timeslot. Its final episode recorded an 18.680% nationwide audience share according to Nielsen paid platform, making the episode the second highest rated in Korean cable television history. It became the first cable drama to surpass 20% ratings. It was also popular among the international audience,which led to parodies of the drama on various social media sites, notably by both celebrities and political figures. The drama has also sparked various fashion trends. Items and accessories worn by the cast members, such as the Lavin coat worn by Gong Yoo, Lancôme lipstick used by Kim Go-eun and Fedora worn by Lee Dong-wook saw an increase in sales. Kim In-yook's poetry book, The Physics of Love, gained renewed attention after one of its verses was featured in the drama. There was also an increase in visitors at the various filming sites of Guardi...
In the table below, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings. 1. This drama aired on a cable channel/pay TV which normally has a relatively smaller audience compared to free-to-air TV/public broadcasters (KBS, SBS, MBC & EBS). 2. Episode 14 was post-poned as additional time was needed to work on the special graphics. 3. Episodes 15 and 16 aired back-to-back on January 21, 2017.In Brunei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, the drama aired on Oh!K with subtitles. It was retitled as "Goblin" in promotional materials and during broadcast.It premiered on December 3...In Sri Lanka, Brunei, Malaysia, the Maldives and Vietnam, the drama is available to stream on-demand on Iflix. It was retitled as "Goblin" in promotional materials.During its original run, episodes...In Japan, the drama premiered in March 2017 on Mnet Japan.The series is available on-demand on Viuin Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia with English, Chinese, Indonesian and Malay subtitles.
Kim Eun-koo of Entertainment Naver wrote, "The popularity of 'I Will Go to You Like the First Snow' is intertwined with the popularity of the drama 'Goblin'. However, the first place on the annual music chart is a sign that the public has enjoyed it steadily since the end of the drama.
Ito ay retitled bilang "Goblin" sa promotional materyales. Sa orihinal na run nito, ang mga episod ng drama ay eksklusibo na na-stream sa Iflix sa loob ng 24 na oras ng orihinal na pagsasahimpapawid ng South Korean na may mga subtitle sa pagitan ng Disyembre 3, 2016, at Enero 22, 2017.
- Goblin in South Korea context. Goblin in South Korea context is more similar to the Chinese context of 妖精 than the Western context. Similar to the Chinese 妖精 (eg 琵琶精).
- is produced by the same team which produced DOTS, The Heirs and Dream High. I guess since the previous 3 KDramas had captured viewers’ hearts deeply, this team of directors and producers believe they can once again conquer the TV channels this season.
- The team has a habit of pairing a seasoned actor/actress with a less experienced one or even a new face. Dream High made Kim Soo-Hyun famous. The Heirs made Kim Woo-bin famous.
- The plot is similar to . Both male leads have magic powers and immortality. Both male leads were anti-social and cannot wait to return to where they belong/cannot wait to die, before they met the girl/lady, whom they uncontrollably grown fond of, despite their flaws.
Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (hangul: 쓸쓸하고 찬란하神 - 도깨비; rr: Sseulsseulhago Chanlanhasin - Dokkaebi; também conhecido como Goblin) é uma série de televisão sul-coreana exibida pelo canal tvN entre 2 de dezembro de 2016 a 21 de janeiro de 2017, estrelada por Gong Yoo, Kim Go-eun, Lee Dong-wook, Yoo In-na e Yook Sung-jae.
Synopsis Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), a modern-day Emperor of the Kingdom of Corea, attempts to cross the barrier into an alternate reality where the Republic of Korea exists in the Kingdom's stead.
The drama was a pan-Asia hit, and received critical acclaim, becoming a cultural phenomenon in South Korea. It was also the first Korean cable drama to surpass 20% in ratings, and as of June 2020, it is the fifth-highest rated Korean drama in cable television history. Kim remains close friends with her Guardian co-stars.