Gordon–Conwell Theological Seminary (GCTS) is an evangelical seminary with its main campus in Hamilton, Massachusetts and three other campuses in Boston, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Jacksonville, Florida. According to the Association of Theological Schools, Gordon-Conwell ranks as one of the largest evangelical seminaries in ...
- 1969 merger, 1888 (as Gordon Divinity School), 1889 (as Conwell School of Theology)
- Think Theologically, Engage Globally, Live Biblically
- Gordon College of Theology and Mission, Gordon Divinity School, Conwell School of Theology
InternetArchiveBot 09:14, 23 March 2017 (UTC) External links modified. Hello fellow Wikipedians, I have just modified one external link on Gordon–Conwell Theological Seminary. Please take a moment to review my edit.
People also ask
Where is Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in Boston?
Who was Haddon Robinson at Gordon Conwell Seminary?
What's the difference between Gordon Conwell and Gordon Divinity School?
Who was the pastor of Gordon Conwell church?
- Notable Faculty
- Notable Alumni
Gordon-Conwell arose primarily from the merging and refounding of two separate schools, Gordon Divinity School, formerly of Gordon College (1889) in Wenham, Massachusetts, and the Conwell School of Theology (1888), formerly of Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Both schools were founded in the Baptist theological heritage. Both Adoniram Judson Gordon and Russell Conwell, the namesakes of Gordon-Conwell, were Baptist ministers; Gordon's divinity school was first established as Gordon Bible Institute in 1889, while Conwell's theological school was originally chartered as Temple Collegein 1888. In addition, the Boston Evangelical Institute, founded as Revere Lay College, also merged with Gordon-Conwell. Beginning in the 1960s, both Gordon Divinity School and Conwell School of Theology experienced new challenges. In 1961, Temple University became a public university and was forced t...
The main 118-acre (0.48 km2) residential campus is in South Hamilton, Massachusetts. There are secondary campuses in Boston, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Jacksonville, Florida. The campus in Boston is known as the Center for Urban Ministerial Education (CUME), and it is a program offered exclusively through part-time night and weekend classes. The CUME campus also focuses primarily on urban and cross-cultural ministry in an urban setting. The Charlotte program was founded in 1992, and it offers courses on weekends, evenings and through week-long intensive courses, and generally attracts an older student body. The Jacksonville campus opened in February 2006 and was originally an extension of the Charlotte campus, though it now is the fourth campus for Gordon-Conwell.The Jacksonville campus is located in downtown Jacksonville, Florida. On February 2, 2012 the school began renovations of two large rooms...
Gordon Divinity School and Conwell Theological Seminary were both from the Baptist heritage. When Gordon-Conwell was refounded in 1969, however, the seminary was purposefully founded with no specific Christian denominational affiliation. Today, Gordon-Conwell has students from over 90 different denominations, as well as students from over 40 countries around the world. Theologically, the Statement of Faith and the Mission and Purpose of the seminary are based on Protestant and evangelical doctrines, such as biblical inerrancy. Gordon-Conwell is part of the Boston Theological Institute (BTI), a consortium of nine theological schools in the Greater Bostonarea and the Carolina Theological Consortium, a consortium of four theological schools in North and South Carolina. Gordon-Conwell is overseen by the main administration at the Hamilton campus. Each of the other three campuses is overseen...
As of Fall 2019, 1,660 students were enrolled at Gordon-Conwell. The seminary offers 20 degrees including the Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Master of Theology (Th.M.), Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.), and a wide range of specialized master's degrees. Gordon-Conwell has been accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada since 1964 and by the New England Association of Schools and Collegessince 1985. It is also certified by the United States Government for the training of veterans and the education of chaplains for military service.Mark Dever, pastor of the Capitol Hill Baptist Churchin Washington, D.C.
Missional University(South Carolina, USA)Rockbridge Seminary(Missouri, USA)Global University
- 100% Online, Non-Residential
- North America
- East Asia
- Middle East
- Southeast Asia
- South Asia
1. Adelaide College of Divinity(Adelaide, South Australia and Gold Coast, Queensland) 2. Adelaide College of Ministries(Adelaide, South Australia) 3. Alliance College of Australia(Canberra) 4. Alphacrucis College(Parramatta, New South Wales) 5. Bible College of South Australia(Adelaide, South Australia) 6. Brisbane School of Theology(Brisbane, Queensland) 7. Christ College(Sydney, New South Wales) 8. Stirling Theological College (Melbourne and National)(Melbourne, Victoria) 9. Emmaus Bible Co...
1. Carey Baptist College(Auckland, New Zealand, Online Distance Learning) 2. Laidlaw College(formerly Bible College of New Zealand: Auckland, Christchurch, CDL, New Zealand)
1. Christian Leaders Training College(Banz, Port Moresby and Lae, Papua New Guinea) 2. Pacific Islands Bible College(Guam, Tol, Chuuk, Palau and Yap, Federated States of Micronesia) 3. Takamoa Theological College, Cook Islands
1. Acadia Divinity College(Wolfville, Nova Scotia) 2. Alberta Bible College(Calgary, Alberta) 3. Ambrose University College(Calgary, Alberta) 4. Associated Canadian Theological Schools(Langley, British Columbia) 5. Briercrest College and Seminary(Caronport, Saskatchewan) 6. Canada Christian College(Toronto, Ontario) 7. Canadian Baptist Bible College (Winkler, Manitoba) 8. Canadian Baptist Seminary(Langley, British Columbia) 9. Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary(Hamilton, Ontario) 10. Cana...
1. Many of the seminaries listed in this section are affiliated with or have students and faculty from more than one denominationor tradition. The seminaries are listed under the denomination with which they are predominantly associated if there is one.
1. All Nations Christian College(Hertfordshire, England) 2. Belfast Bible College(Belfast, Northern Ireland) 3. Birmingham Christian College 4. Carmel Bible College(Bristol, England) 5. Christ the Redeemer Bible College(London, England) 6. Cliff College(Calver, England) 7. Crosslands (Sheffield, England) 8. Edinburgh Theological Seminary(Edinburgh, Scotland) 9. Irish Baptist College(Lisburn, Northern Ireland) 10. ForMission College(London, Birmingham, Manchester, Intensive Hubs) 11. King's Ev...
1. Akademie für Weltmission(Korntal, Germany) 2. Augustana Divinity School, Lutheran(Neuendettelsau, Bavaria, Germany) 3. Bibel- und Missionsschule Ostfriesland(Ostermoordorf, Germany) 4. Bibelschule Brake(Lemgo, Germany) 5. Bibelseminar Bonn(Bornheim, Germany) 6. Biblisch-Theologische Akademie Wiedenest(Bergneustadt, Germany) 7. EUSEBIA School of Theology (ESTh) (Stuttgart, Germany) 8. European Nazarene College 9. European Theological Seminary(Freudenstadt, Germany) 10. Evangelische Hochschu...
1. Bibelschule Widibühl 2. EBTC Zurich 3. Haute École de Théologie, St. Legier 4. Institut für Gemeindebau und Weltmission (IGW) 5. International Seminary of Theology and Leadership 6. Martin Bucer Seminar 7. Mennonitisches und Täuferisches Bildungszentrum Bienenberg, Liestal 8. Seminar für biblische Theologie Beatenberg 9. Staatsunabhängigen Theologischen Hochschule Basel 10. Theologische Seminar St. ChrischonaAfrican Christian University(Lusaka, Zambia)Africa Nazarene University(Nairobi, Kenya)Africa Reformation Theological Seminary(ARTS) (Kampala, Uganda)Asia Biblical Theological Seminary] (multiple locations; office in Chiang Mai, Thailand)Asian Board For Christian Theology, ABCT. Chennai, India.
1. Alliance Bible Seminary(ABS) (Hong Kong) 2. Asian Lutheran Seminary (ALS) (Hong Kong) 3. Asian Missionary Association Seminary (AMAS) (Hong Kong) 4. Bethel Bible Seminary(Hong Kong) 5. Bible Seminary of Hong Kong(BSHK) (Hong Kong) 6. China Baptist Theological College(CBTC) (Hong Kong) 7. China Bible Seminary(CBS) (Hong Kong) 8. China Graduate School of Theology(CGST) (Hong Kong) 9. Chinese Mission Seminary(CMS) (Hong Kong) 10. Christian Ministry Institute(CMI) (Hong Kong) 11. Concordia The...
1. Central Bible College(Tokyo, Japan) 2. Japan Bible Seminary(JBS) (Tokyo, Japan) 3. Kobe Lutheran Theological Seminary(Kobe, Japan) 4. Tokyo Biblical Seminary(TBS) (Tokyo, Japan) 5. Tokyo Christian University(TCU) (Tokyo, Japan)
1. Asia Center for Theological Studies and Missions(Seoul, South Korea) 2. ChongShin University and Theological Seminary(Seoul, South Korea) 3. Hapdong Presbyterian Theological Seminary(Seoul, South Korea) 4. Hyupsung Graduate School of Theology(Hwa Seong City, South Korea) 5. Korea Presbyterian Theological Seminary (KPTS)(Seoul, South Korea) 6. Koryo Theological Seminary(Paju, South Korea) 7. Methodist Theological Seminary(Seoul, South Korea) 8. Mokwon Graduate school of Theology(Daejeon, So...Biblical Theological Seminary of Jordan, (Amman, Jordan)
1. Jakarta Theological Seminary(Jakarta) 2. Southeast Asia Bible Seminary(Malang, East Java) 3. Sekolah Tinggi Teologi Amanat Agung (Jakarta Barat) 4. Sekolah Tinggi Teologi Bethel Pekanbaru (Pekanbaru, Riau) 5. Sekolah Tinggi Teologi Cipanas (Cipanas, Cianjur) 6. Sekolah Tinggi Teologi HKBP Pematangsiantar (Pematangsiantar, Sumatra Utara) 7. Sekolah Tinggi Teologi Moriah (Tangerang, Banten) 8. Sekolah Tinggi Teologi Palembang (Palembang, Sumatra Selatan) 9. Sekolah Tinggi Teologi Reformed In...
1. Alpha Omega International College(Selangor, Malaysia) 2. Bible College of Malaysia(Selangor, Malaysia) 3. Malaysia Baptist Theological Seminary(Penang, Malaysia) 4. Malaysia Bible Seminary(Selangor, Malaysia) 5. Sabah Theological Seminary(Sabah, Malaysia) 6. Seminari Theoloji Malaysia(Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia)
1. Kachin Theological College(Nawng Nang, Myanmar) 2. Karen Baptist Theological Seminary(Yangoon, Burma) 3. Myanmar Institute of Theology(Rangoon, Myanmar) 4. Zomi Theological College(Falam, Myanmar) 5. Southeast Asia Bible College
1. All Peoples Church Bile College(Bengaluru, India) 2. Faith Theological Seminary(Manakkala, India) 3. South Asia Institute of Advanced Christian Studies(Bengaluru, India) 4. South India Faith Baptist College & Seminary (Bangalore, India) 5. Southern Asia Bible College(Bengaluru, India) 6. Trinity Theological College(Dimapur, India) 7. Union Biblical Seminary(Pune, India) 8. Oriental Theological Seminary(Dimapur, India) 9. Evangelical Theological Seminary (Bengaluru, India) 10. Bethel bible...
Haddon W. Robinson (21 March 1931 – 22 July 2017) was the Harold John Ockenga Distinguished Professor of Preaching, senior director of the Doctor of Ministry program, and former interim President at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary – Charlotte PC 511 – Introduction to Pastoral Counseling Fall 2017 Course Syllabus _____ Instructor: Rodney L. Cooper, Th.M., Ph.D. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: Room 214 Office Hours: By Appointment Phone: (704) 940-5832 Dates: Sept. 29-30, October 27-28 and Dec. 1-2, 2017
Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary – Charlotte PC 511 – Introduction to Pastoral Counseling Spring 2017 Course Syllabus _____ Instructor: Christopher Cook, M.A., M.Div. Email: email@example.com Office: Room 214 Office Hours: Wednesdays, 2-5pm Phone: (704) 940-5835 Online Dates: Jan. 17 – May 8, 2017
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, Charlotte OT 581 History and Archaeology of the Ancient Near East Fall 2017 Instructor: SeJin Koh, Ph.D. Contact Information: Questions regarding the course requirements should be sent to the professor at the e-mail below. Students should feel free to communicate with the professor with
Biography. Keller was born in Allentown, Pennsylvania, to Louise A. Keller (Clemente) and William B. Keller, a television advertising manager. Keller is a graduate of Bucknell University (BA, 1972), Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (M.Div., 1975) and Westminster Theological Seminary, where he received his D.Min. in 1981, under the supervision of Harvie M. Conn.