- Greatest New Wave Hits Of 1980s Compilationvimeo.com
- The B52's - Rock Lobsteryoutube.com
- Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO]youtube.com
- GREATEST HITS OF THE 80S NEWWAVE NONSTOP MEGAMIXX 2K20 by_ahlvanz.youtube.com
People also ask
What are the top 50 new wave songs?
What was the most popular song in the 80s?
What is the genre of 80's music?
What is new wave punk?
100 Greatest New Wave Songs Background: 'New Wave' evolved from 'Punk' in the late '70s being less anti-social and more radio (and MTV) friendly, hitting it's high in '83 and faded around '87. It can be best described as mixing the energy of Punk with a bit of 'Glam', 'Pop', 'Art-Rock' & 'Dance' and relied heavily on synthesizers.
Dec 01, 2009 · Top 50 New Wave Songs Of All Time (as decided on by WFDU listeners): 1. Joy Division - Love Will tear Us Apart 2. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Christine 3. The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never ...
- Carrie Brownstein
- 4 min
New Wave music first appeared in the late 1970's and subsequently kept us entertained well into the late 1980's. A whole wide range of musical acts have been...
Jun 30, 2020 · Let's rank the best '80s new wave songs that truly defined the decade, with the help of your votes. Many people think of new wave songs when they think of the 1980s, and it's no wonder why. Tracks like Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" and Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" are the types of songs you'll always sing along to if you hear them on the radio.
- “The Big Country”—Talking Heads. Beginning with a mournful country twang, the song rings of coastal snobbery, but I can’t say I haven’t felt this. David Byrne is a plane flying cross-country noting “a baseball diamond, nice weather down there, places to park,” and decides, “I wouldn’t do the things the way those people do/I wouldn’t live there if you paid me.”
- “You’re All I’ve Got Tonight”—The Cars. “Just What I Needed” put the Boston quintet on the map—Roxy-ish, synth-and-guitar driven power-pop—but “You’re All I’ve Got Tonight” is the pick.
- “Just Can’t Get Enough”—Depeche Mode. Before singer Dave Gahan joined and Depeche Mode embraced a darker, more art-rock side, singer-songwriter Vince Clarke penned this almost absurdly buoyant hit about nothing so much as the joy of being alive and experiencing all life had to offer.
- “Tank”—The Stranglers. Margaret Thatcher was a year away from power and Ronald Reagan two years, but tension was in the air and the sabers were rattling.
Jul 31, 2011 · The 250 Greatest New Wave Songs Having made my own 80s list and having perused the web for other 80s list , one confounding factor in the ordering of such lists appears to be the issue of whether a song was a really good song that happened to be made in the 80's versus whether or not the song exuded eightiesness, however one might choose to ...
DISCLAIMER:I do not own the music and photo that used in this video.Strictly for Entertainment purposes only.No Copyright Infringement Intended.😊💯
Two Hearts Beat as One / New Year's Day (1983) [Single] 140: 140. The Cure Just Like Heaven / Snow in Summer (1987) [Single] 139: 139. Bangles Manic Monday (1986) [Single] 138: 138. Saga Worlds Apart (1981) On The Loose/Wind Him Up: On The Loose/Wind Him Up: 137: 137. Erasure Sometimes / Sexuality / Say What (1986) [Single] 136: 136. Leisure Process Cashflow (1983) [Single] 135: 135.
Nov 20, 2009 · Music Lists #10: 150 Greatest New Wave Songs of the 1980's In the late 70’s/early 80’s music experienced big changes all at once. Disco was dead, classic AOR was on its way out, punk was finished, and a concentration on image (i.e. music videos) all but washed out the non-photogenic soft rockers like Christopher Cross.
Feel-Good results for greatest new wave songs