45 Motivational Hippocrates Quotes For Success In Life
- “Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food.” ~ Hippocrates. ...
- “It’s far more important to know what person the disease has than what disease the person has.” ~ Hippocrates
- “Foolish the doctor who despises the knowledge acquired by the ancients.” ~ Hippocrates. ...
- “Walking is a man’s best medicine.” ~ Hippocrates. ...
- “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ― Hippocrates.
- “There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.” ― Hippocrates.
- “Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity. ” ― Hippocrates.
- “Declare the past, diagnose the present, foretell the future.” ― Hippocrates.
- If someone wishes for good health, one must first ask oneself if he is ready to do away with the reasons for his illness. Only then is it possible to help him.
- The greatest medicine of all is teaching people how not to need it. Hippocrates. Teaching, Medicine, People.
- Illnesses do not come upon us out of the blue. They are developed from small daily sins against Nature. When enough sins have accumulated, illnesses will suddenly appear.
- Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well.
- Cure sometimes, treat often, comfort always. Treat Comfort Sometimes.
- Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease. Health True Disease.
- Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity. Love Art Humanity.
- It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has. Important Know Person.
Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile. Life is short, [the] art long, opportunity fleeting, experiment dangerous, judgment difficult. Art. Hippocrates. A wise man should consider that health is the greatest . of human blessings, and learn how by his own .
- “As to diseases, make a habit of two things—to help, or at least to do no harm.” — Hippocrates.
- “Correct is to recognize what diseases are and whence they come; which are long and which are short; which are mortal and which are not; which are in the process of changing into others; which are increasing and which are diminishing; which are major and which are minor; to treat the diseases that can be treated, but to recognize the ones that cannot be, and to know why they cannot be; by treating patients with the former, to give them the benefit of treatment as far as it is possible.”
- “I am about to discuss the disease called “sacred”. It is not, in my opinion, any more divine or more sacred than other diseases, but has a natural cause, and its supposed divine origin is due to men’s inexperience, and to their wonder at its peculiar character.”
- “In acute diseases, the physician must conduct his inquiries in the following way. First, he must examine the face of the patient, and see whether it is like the faces of healthy people, and especially whether it is like its usual self.
- Cure sometimes, treat often, comfort always. Share this Top 10 list! Related Authors. Neil deGrasse Tyson. Quotes. Carl Sagan. Margaret Mead.
- Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease. 1.
- Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity. 2.
- It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has. 3.
People also ask
What did Hippocrates teach?
Who said Let your food be your medicine?
What did Hippocrates do?
What did Hippocrates eat?
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old Hippocrates quotes, Hippocrates sayings, and Hippocrates proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources. A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses.
Hippocrates. If you are not your own doctor, you are a fool. Hippocrates. Positive health requires a knowledge of man's primary constitution and of the powers of various foods, both those natural to them and those resulting from human skill. But eating alone is not enough for health.