Ukraine is a developing country and ranks 88th on the Human Development Index. Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe alongside Moldova, and suffers from a very high poverty rate as well as severe corruption. However, because of its extensive fertile farmlands, Ukraine is one of the world's largest grain exporters.
Italian map of "European Tataria" (1684). Dnieper Ukraine is marked as "Vkraine or the land of Zaporozhian Cossacks" (Vkraina o Paese de Cossachi di Zaporowa).In the east there is "Vkraine or the land of Don Cossacks, who are dependent on Muscovy" (Vkraina overo Paese de Cossachi Tanaiti Soggetti al Moscovita).
Location of UkraineSimple map blankUkrainian oblast capitals (English)Ukrainian oblast capitals (Polish)
- Presidential Election, 2004
- Parliamentary Election, 2007
- Presidential Election, 2010
- Historical Maps
1. Oblast Charkiw 2. Oblast Czernowitz 3. Oblast Donezk 4. Oblast Iwano-Frankiwsk 5. Oblast Kiew 6. Oblast Krim 7. Oblast Lemberg 8. Oblast Rivne 9. Oblast Schytomyr 10. City Sewastopol 11. Oblast Ternopil 12. Oblast Transkarpatien 13. Oblast Tscherkasy 14. Oblast Wolhynien 15. Oblast Cherson 16. Oblast Chmelnyzkyj 17. Oblast Dnipropetrowsk 18. Oblast Kirowohrad 19. Oblast Luhansk 20. Oblast Poltawa 21. Oblast Sumy 22. Oblast Tschernihiw 23. Oblast Wynnyzja 24. city Kiew 25. Oblast Mykolajiw...
1. Oblast Volynsk 2. Oblast Kiev 3. Oblast Zhytomyr 4. Oblast Transcarpathia 5. Oblast Lviv (Lwiw) 6. Dnepr-Basin (deutsch) 7. Dnepr-Basin (polish) 8. Dnepr-Basin (french) 9. Dnepr-Basin (english/kyrill) 10. Dnepr-Basin (swedish) 11. Dnepr-Basin (blank version)
1. Oblast Volynsk 2. Oblast Rivne 3. Oblast Lviv 4. Ivano-Frankivsk 5. Oblast Transcarpathia 6. Oblast Kirovograd 7. Oblast Cherkasy 8. Oblast Saporischja 9. Oblast SaporischjaPresidential election first vote 2004-10-30Presidential election runoff vote 2004-11-21Presidential election second runoff vote 2004-12-26en:Presidential election second runoff vote 2004-12-26
Maps showing the top six candidates support in the first round of voting- percentage of total national vote 1. Party of Regions results (34.37%) 2. Bloc Yulia Tymoshenko results (30.71%) 3. Our Ukraine People's Self-Defence results (14.15%) 4. Communist Party of Ukraine results (5.39%) 5. Bloc Lytvyn Party results (3.96%) 6. Socialist Party of Ukraine results (2.86%)
Maps showing the top five candidates support in the first round of voting- percentage of total national voteTerritory of Slavic peoples (6th century).European territory inahibted by East Slavic tribes in 8th and 9th century.Principalities of Kievan Rus' (1054-1132).Kievan Rus 13th Century
Ukraine - Ukraine Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe. It borders Russia to the north-east, Belarus to the north, Poland , Slovakia and Hungary to the west, Romania and Moldova with Gagauzia and the break away republic of Transnistria . to the south-west, and the Black Sea and Sea of Azov to the south.
- East Europe
- Independent country since 1991
People also ask
What is the history of Ukraine?
Is Ukraine the biggest country in Europe?
What is the most important city in Ukraine?
Is volhynia part of ukraine?
Nov 13, 2020 · The Russian-Ukrainian conflict reaches back to the times when Ukraine emerged on the world map. In fact, it had started long before Russia established itself as a state. The nature of this conflict, though, has remained unchanged. Since the creation of the Tsardom of Muscovy, its eastern and northern territories have been protected by seas,…
Feb 19, 2020 · If other languages are native and/or official in an entity, introductions in other languages are added in separate sections. The text of the introduction(s) is based on the content of the Wikipedia encyclopedia. For sources of the introduction see therefore the Wikipedia entries linked to. The same goes for the texts in the history sections.
Soviet Ukraine annexed Volhynia after the end of World War II. In 1944 the communists in Volyhnia suppressed the Ukrainian Catholic Apostolic Exarchate. Most of the remaining ethnic Polish population were expelled to Poland in 1945. Since the dissolution of the Soviet Union in the 1990s, Volhynia has been an integral part of Ukraine.
Chernobyl was evacuated on 5 May 1986, 9 days after a catastrophic nuclear disaster at the plant, which was the largest nuclear disaster in history. Along with the residents of the nearby city of Pripyat , which was built as a home for the plant's workers, the population was relocated to the newly built city of Slavutych , and most have never ...
Melitopol (Ukrainian: Меліто́поль, translit. Melitópol’, Russian: Мелитополь) is a city in Zaporizhzhia Oblast (region) of southeastern Ukraine.It is situated on the Molochna River that flows through the eastern edge of the city and into the Molochnyi Lyman, which eventually joins the Sea of Azov.