52) How Did The Cannan Dog Get Its Name? Cannan dogs are named after their region of origin. This is an area of the middle east that includes parts of modern-day Israel, Lebanon, and small parts of other bordering countries.
Sweden, seeking to regain Pomerania (most of which had been lost to Prussia in previous wars) joined the coalition, seeing its chance when all the major continental powers of Europe opposed Prussia. Spain , bound by the Pacte de Famille , intervened on behalf of France and together they launched an unsuccessful invasion of Portugal in 1762.
- 17 May 1756 – 15 February 1763, (6 years, 8 months, 4 weeks and 1 day)
- Anglo-Prussian coalition victory, Return to the status quo ante bellum in Europe, Treaty of Saint Petersburg (1762), Treaty of Hamburg (1762), Treaty of Paris (1763), Treaty of Hubertusburg (1763)
- Europe, North America, Caribbean, South America, Africa, Indian Subcontinent, Philippine Archipelago
- No territorial changes in Europe, Transfer of colonial possessions between Great Britain, France, Portugal and Spain, France and Spain return conquered colonial territory to Great Britain and Portugal, France cedes its North American possessions east of the Mississippi River, Canada, the islands of St. Vincent, Tobago, Dominica, and Grenada, and the Northern Circars in India to Great Britain, France cedes Louisiana and its North American territory west of the Mississippi River to Spain, Spain cedes Florida to Great Britain, Mughal Empire cedes Bengal to Great Britain.
Prussia was a historically prominent German state that originated in 1525 with a duchy centered on the region of Prussia on the southeast coast of the Baltic Sea.It was de facto dissolved by an emergency decree transferring powers of the Prussian government to German Chancellor Franz von Papen in 1932 and de jure by an Allied decree in 1947.
The Habsburg royal family had its own diplomats to represent its interests. The larger principalities in the HRE, beginning around 1648, also did the same. The HRE did not have its own dedicated ministry of foreign affairs and therefore the Imperial Diet had no control over these diplomats; occasionally the Diet criticised them.
Frederick is a central character in the 2003 German film Mein Name Ist Bach ("My Name is Bach"), where he commissions Johann Sebastian Bach to write a fugue in 6 voices ("A Musical Offering"). In the 2004 German film Der Untergang ("Downfall"), Adolf Hitler is shown sitting in a dark room forlornly gazing at a painting of Frederick.
Operation Barbarossa (German: Unternehmen Barbarossa) was the code name for the invasion of the Soviet Union by Nazi Germany and some of its Axis allies, which started on Sunday, 22 June 1941, during World War II. The operation put into action Nazi Germany's ideological goal of conquering the western Soviet Union so as to repopulate it with ...