Indie rock is a genre of rock music that originated in the United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States in the 1970s. Originally used to describe independent record labels, the term became associated with the music they produced and was initially used interchangeably with alternative rock or " guitar pop rock ".
- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - August 2020 (1½-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - April 2020 (1½-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - July 2020 (1-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - August 2019 (1½-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
Indie rock is a vague term used to identify rock artists that are or were unsigned, or have signed to small record labels, rather than major record labels. It may also describe artists which have a specific "sound", and is therefore a genre, although this label is contested by many.
Indie Rock. Indie rock takes its name from "independent," which describes both the do-it-yourself attitudes of its bands and the small, lower-budget nature of the labels that release the music. The biggest indie labels might strike distribution deals with major corporate labels, but their decision-making processes remain autonomous. As such, indie rock is free to explore sounds, emotions, and lyrical subjects that don't appeal to large, mainstream audiences -- profit isn't as muc...
- YAHOO!· 1 week ago
Is the Time to Invent' — a new collection of writing from a small but important Portland-based...
- The Fader· 3 days ago
The Québécoise singer-songwriter and JPEGMAFIA collaborator Helena Deland discusses her debut album...
- GameSpot· 5 days ago
A new Reigns game is coming to Apple Arcade, and it's quite different from previous titles. While...
- YAHOO!· 1 week ago
More and more people seem willing to perform that sonic archaeology with each passing year. Indie rock's been blowing up in the 2010s, like every other form of independent music. Indie music is diversifying in the second decade of the 21st Century, becoming much less white, less straight.
Listen to free indie rock radio online. Choose from over 30 unique channels of new and classic indie music with unlimited skips. Find a favorite today!
People also ask
What does indie rock mean?
What are some indie rock bands?
What are the characteristics of indie rock music?
What is the origin of indie rock music?
- Arctic Monkeys. The Arctic Monkeys, otherwise known as the Death Ramps, are a British indie rock band formed in 2002 in Sheffield, England. The band consists of Alex Turner (lead vocalist, songwriter, electric and rhythm guitarist), Jamie Cook (electric and rhythm guitarist, songwriter), Matt Helders (percussionist, ...
- The Strokes. The Strokes are an American rock band formed in New York City in 1998. They consists of Julian Casablancas (lead vocalist), Nick Valensi (guitarist, keyboardist, backing vocalist), Albert Hammond, Jr.
- The Killers. The Killers is an American indie rock band formed in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2001, by Brandon Flowers and Dave Keuning.
- Radiohead. Radiohead are an English rock band from Abingdon, Oxfordshire, formed in 1985. The band consists of Thom Yorke (lead vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards), Jonny Greenwood (lead guitar, keyboards, other instruments), Colin Greenwoood (bass guitar), Phil Selway (drums), and Ed O'Brien (guitar).
This is a list of notable indie rock artists. Individual musicians are listed alphabetically by their last name. Individual musicians are listed alphabetically by their last name. This is a dynamic list and may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness.
Until recent years (early 2000s) when indie rock became the most common term in the US to describe modern pop and rock, the terms "indie rock" and "alternative rock" were often used interchangeably; whilst there are aspects which both genres have in common, indie rock was regarded as a British-based term, unlike the more American alternative rock.
Indie-Rock.it è un blog personale e aggregatore di informazioni ideato, gestito e redatto da Cristiano Gruppi. Ricordatevi che NON ci occupiamo di artisti italiani. Lo fa il nostro sito ‘cugino’ Indie-Roccia.it.