- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - August 2020 (1½-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - September 2020 (1½-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - October 2020 (1-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - April 2020 (1½-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
Indie rock's been blowing up in the 2010s, like every other form of independent music. Indie music is diversifying in the second decade of the 21st Century, becoming much less white, less straight. You've got artists like NY's Mitski, channeling her experiences as a young Japanese-American woman into angsty, arty, catchy folk rock.
Indie rock is a vague term used to identify rock artists that are or were unsigned, or have signed to small record labels, rather than major record labels. It may also describe artists which have a specific "sound", and is therefore a genre, although this label is contested by many.
Facebook76LikeShareTweet Music is the perfect antidote for troubled times. The top 10 indie rock songs playlist for February of 2020 features tracks from emerging DIY artists and bands from across the country and around the world. Have you seen our new homepage? In case you missed it, January’s Top 10 indie songs playlist was really […]
People also ask
What are some good indie songs?
What are some indie rock bands?
What does indie rock mean?
What is the origin of indie rock music?
Best 25 Indie Rock Songs. Author: chili_willie. indie rock - one single/song for band
Top 100 Indie Tracks on Spotify By Spotify. Check out the Top 100 Indie tracks played on Spotify this week. Follow this chart for weekly chart updates! 100 songs
- The Killers – When You Were Young And so to Number One. Killers fans voted in their millions and shifted this excellent, if somewhat slightly unexpected choice, into the top spot.
- The Killers – ‘Mr Brightside’ Ronnie Vannucci recently told NME.com that he believed people were drawn to this song because of “the vulnerability of what the song is saying”.
- Oasis – ‘Live Forever’ Couldn’t really be anything else by them could it? Simple indie genius at its most refined.
- The Strokes – ‘Last Nite’ No one expected this song to blow up the way it did, and before they knew it, The Strokes were selling out statium shows to perform it live.
Indie rock takes its name from "independent," which describes both the do-it-yourself attitudes of its bands and the small, lower-budget nature of the labels that release the music. The biggest indie labels might strike distribution deals with major corporate labels, but their decision-making processes remain autonomous.
- Arcade Fire – Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) Sprawl II is Arcade Fire’s climax track to one of the best albums of the 2010s, but really it feels like the climax to a trilogy of albums that dominated the indie charts and introduced them to the masses.
- Beach House – 10 Mile Stereo. “The heart is a stone and it is a stone that we throw.” Victoria Legrand sings over Alex Scally’s lilting guitar on 10 Mile Stereo the emotional center of the band’s breakout album Teen Dream.
- Grimes – Oblivion. Grimes 2012 breakthrough album Visions is arguably one of the most influential albums of the decade across a multitude of genres especially dance-pop and the flagship song from that album was “Oblivion”.
- Mitski – Your Best American Girl. An arena-rock ready jam Mitski’s “Your Best American Girl” is the idea of a Japanese-American girl raised far different from her All-American boy trying to fit in with his ideals but ultimately accepting who she is and where she came from.
- Depeche Mode - "Personal Jesus" (1990) The British electronic music band Depeche Mode released "Personal Jesus" as the lead single from their album Violator.
- Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (1991) Seattle-based grunge-rock band Nirvana were surrounded by huge music media buzz when they released "Smells Like Teen Spirit" as the lead single from their Nevermind album.
- R.E.M. - "Losing My Religion" (1991) R.E.M. were already celebrated as one of the top American rock bands before "Losing My Religion." They hit the top 10 on the album chart with their 1987 release Document, their 1983 debut Murmur was seen by many critics as one of the top rock debuts of all time, and the singles "The One I Love" and "Stand" both reached the pop top 10.
- U2 - "Mysterious Ways" (1991) In the late 1980s, U2 were arguably the world's biggest rock band. Their album The Joshua Tree was a worldwide smash, and they followed it up with another #1 hit around the world Rattle and Hum.
Feel-Good results for indie rock songs
Jan 15, 2020 · Discover more music with the best indie songs of 2018. From underground rap and indie folk to indie electronic and experimental music, the top 2019 indie songs showcase a variety of genres with up-and-coming musicians not considered mainstream who deserve more love. Browse this list of top indie songs and vote up your favorites to help ...