- The Strokes - Reptilia (Official Music Video)youtube.com
- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - August 2020 (1½-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
- Oasis - Wonderwall (Official Video)youtube.com
- Indie/Rock/Alternative Compilation - April 2020 (1½-Hour Playlist)youtube.com
Indie rock's been blowing up in the 2010s, like every other form of independent music. Indie music is diversifying in the second decade of the 21st Century, becoming much less white, less straight. You've got artists like NY's Mitski, channeling her experiences as a young Japanese-American woman into angsty, arty, catchy folk rock.
Indie rock takes its name from "independent," which describes both the do-it-yourself attitudes of its bands and the small, lower-budget nature of the labels that release the music. The biggest indie labels might strike distribution deals with major corporate labels, but their decision-making processes remain autonomous.
Best 25 Indie Rock Songs. Author: chili_willie. indie rock - one single/song for band
Sep 10, 2020 · Tags: Editor's Pick, female vocalist, indie rock, indie folk By Morgan Hume on Sep 10, 2020 | With all the Fleetwood Mac vibes this track gives off, it could be a really good song to kick off the fall season with.
People also ask
What are some good indie songs?
What are some indie rock bands?
What does indie rock mean?
What is the origin of indie rock music?
Indie rock is a vague term used to identify rock artists that are or were unsigned, or have signed to small record labels, rather than major record labels. It may also describe artists which have a specific "sound", and is therefore a genre, although this label is contested by many.
Indie rock is a genre of rock music that originated in the United States and United Kingdom in the 1970s. Originally used to describe independent record labels, the term became associated with the music they produced and was initially used interchangeably with alternative rock or "guitar pop rock".
Listen to the best indie, rock & alt music in our new October compilation! Tracklist and download below… 👇 LISTEN ON SPOTIFY: https://spoti.fi/2Qn90Og » Subs...
- 88 min
- The Killers – When You Were Young And so to Number One. Killers fans voted in their millions and shifted this excellent, if somewhat slightly unexpected choice, into the top spot.
- The Killers – ‘Mr Brightside’ Ronnie Vannucci recently told NME.com that he believed people were drawn to this song because of “the vulnerability of what the song is saying”.
- Oasis – ‘Live Forever’ Couldn’t really be anything else by them could it? Simple indie genius at its most refined.
- The Strokes – ‘Last Nite’ No one expected this song to blow up the way it did, and before they knew it, The Strokes were selling out statium shows to perform it live.
- Arcade Fire – Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) Sprawl II is Arcade Fire’s climax track to one of the best albums of the 2010s, but really it feels like the climax to a trilogy of albums that dominated the indie charts and introduced them to the masses.
- Beach House – 10 Mile Stereo. “The heart is a stone and it is a stone that we throw.” Victoria Legrand sings over Alex Scally’s lilting guitar on 10 Mile Stereo the emotional center of the band’s breakout album Teen Dream.
- Grimes – Oblivion. Grimes 2012 breakthrough album Visions is arguably one of the most influential albums of the decade across a multitude of genres especially dance-pop and the flagship song from that album was “Oblivion”.
- Mitski – Your Best American Girl. An arena-rock ready jam Mitski’s “Your Best American Girl” is the idea of a Japanese-American girl raised far different from her All-American boy trying to fit in with his ideals but ultimately accepting who she is and where she came from.