Michael Evan Horowitz (born September 19, 1962) is an American attorney and government official. He is the Inspector General of the United States Department of Justice.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Horowitz
Michael E. Horowitz was sworn in as the Inspector General of the Department of Justice (DOJ) on April 16, 2012, following his confirmation by the U.S. Senate.
- DOJ Inspector General Horowitz testifies on FISA reportyoutube.com
- DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz Defends Report, Highlights FISA Problemsc-span.org
- DOJ Inspector General Horowitz testifies on FBI's conduct in Russia probeyoutube.com
- IG report hearing part 8: Senators continue to question Michael Horowitzyoutube.com
Michael Evan Horowitz (born September 19, 1962) is an American attorney and government official. He is the Inspector General of the United States Department of Justice.
- Audit Division
- Investigations Division
- Evaluation and Inspections Division
- Oversight and Review Division
- Information Technology Division
- Management and Planning Division
Deputy Inspector General – William M. BlierGeneral Counsel – Jonathan M. MalisSenior Counsel – John S. LavinskySenior Counsel – René Rocque LeeCounsel – Adam MilesCounsel – Karen RichChief Innovation Officer – VACANT View Organization Chart (PDF)View Office Directory
The Audit Division is the OIG’s largest division and is made up of 200 skilled auditors, program analysts, statisticians and other operational staff. Through its multi-disciplined staff, the Audit Division conducts performance audits of Department programs and operations and oversees annual audits of over $35 billion in Department expenditures. The Division also conducts audits of external entities that receive Department funding through its various contracts and grant programs. These audits...
The Investigations Division investigates alleged violations of fraud, abuse and integrity laws that govern DOJ employees, operations, grantees and contractors. Investigations Division Special Agents develop cases for criminal prosecution, civil, or administrative action.Assistant Inspector General – Sarah E. Lake View Organization Chart (PDF)View Office Directory
The Evaluation and Inspections Division provides the Inspector General with an alternative mechanism to traditional audit and investigative disciplines to assess Department of Justice (Department) programs and activities. Much of the work results in recommendations to decisionmakers to streamline operations, reduce unnecessary regulations, improve customer service, and minimize inefficient and ineffective procedures. In addition to assessing Department programs, the Division conducts special...
The Oversight and Review Division blends the skills of attorneys, investigators, program analysts, and paralegals to conduct special reviews and investigations of sensitive allegations involving Department employees and operations. O&R’s reviews and investigations are often undertaken at the request of the Attorney General, senior Department managers, or Congress.Assistant Inspector General – M. Sean O'Neill View Organization Chart (PDF)
The Information Technology Division executes the OIG’s IT strategic vision and goals by directing technology and business process integration, network administration, implementation of computer hardware and software, cybersecurity, applications development, programming services, policy formulation, and other mission-support activities.Assistant Inspector General – Donald L. Kyzar View Organization Chart (PDF)
The Management and Planning Division provides the Inspector General with advice on administrative and fiscal policy and assists OIG components by providing services in the areas of planning, budget, finance, quality assurance, personnel, communications, procurement, facilities, telecommunications, security, and general support. Assistant Inspector General – Gregory T. Peters View Organization Chart (PDF)
Dec 09, 2019 · Inspector General Michael Horowitz has been looking into early phases of the Russia inquiry for several months following questions raised by President Trump, Attorney General William Barr and...
People also ask
What is an IG investigation?
Who is the current Inspector General of the United States?
What is an IG office?
What is IG government?
- Stephanie Gaskell
- The Justice Department’s Inspector General Found No ‘Political Bias Or Improper Motivation’ By the Department or the FBI. “We did not find any documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI’s decision to conduct these operations.
- Michael Horowitz Became Inspector General of the Justice Department in 2012 Under the Obama Administration. Michael Horowitz, 57, was sworn in as the inspector general of the Justice Department on April 16, 2012, after being confirmed by the Senate during the Obama Administration.
- Michael Horowitz Began His Investigation in 2016 Into Whether the Justice Department and the FBI Did Anything Improper When Investigating Russian Meddling in the 2016 Presidential Election.
- The Justice Department Said the Inspector General’s Investigation Has Uncovered ‘Significant Information’ “The Inspector General’s investigation is a credit to the Department of Justice.
Dec 11, 2019 · Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz declared a “failure” by the entire “chain of command” involved in the FBI’s initial Trump-Russia investigation, in blistering testimony...
- Brooke Singman
- He's a native New Yorker. Horowitz was born in 1962 to Anne J. and Fred Horowitz in New York City. His father owned Paul Alfred Inc., a women's clothing manufacturer and his mother owned a Nyack, New York antique shop, according to The New York Times.
- He worked in both the public and private sectors prior to being appointed Inspector General. According to the Justice Department website, Horowitz holds degrees from Brandeis University and Harvard Law School.
- Horowitz has a long history of calling out internal issues. Since being appointed Inspector General for the Department of Justice in 2012, Horowitz has not shied away from reviewing of investigations.
- His office reviewed the Hillary Clinton email investigation. In June 2018, Horowitz released his report on the FBI's investigation into Hillary Clinton's email practices, Vox reported.
Jan 25, 2021 · Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz announced the review in a two- paragraph news release, although he noted his jurisdiction would be limited to “allegations concerning the ...
2 days ago · From one investigator to another, Bob Woodward told Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz he was impressed with his "amazing discovery" of the FBI's missteps in its use of ...
- related to: inspector general michael horowitz