Oct 19, 2007 · After graduating from Emory University, Christopher McCandless abandoned his possessions, gave his entire savings account to charity, and hitchhiked to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters who shape his life. Written by Lisa Kelley Plot Summary | Plot Synopsis
- Sean Penn
- 3 min
Feel-Good results for into the wild movie
Christopher McCandless (Emile Hirsch), son of wealthy parents (Marcia Gay Harden, William Hurt), graduates from Emory University as a top student and athlete. However, instead of embarking on a ...
- drama, biography, adventure
In less than a minute, we’re shown what creative Dunkaccino heads can accomplish if they set their mind to it. Many of the remixes are drawn from video games, Al Pacino’s cinematic Trojan Horse ...
The AV Club via Yahoo News
2 weeks ago
- Alaskan bus that inspired 'Into the Wild' movie removedThe Telegraph via Yahoo News4 months ago
- Newlywed woman swept away by river while trying to reach abandoned bus made famous by ‘Into The Wild’ movieThe Independent via Yahoo News1 year ago
- ‘Ruben Brandt, Collector’: Going Into the Wild, Animated Painter-VerseIndiewire via Yahoo News2 years ago
- Newlywed Woman, 24, Dies in Alaska Trying to Reach the Bus Made Famous by Into the WildPeople via Yahoo News1 year ago
- Newlywed dies in river near bus seen in 'Into the Wild'Associated Press via Yahoo News1 year ago
Into the Wild (4,591) IMDb 8.1 2h 28min 2007 X-Ray R This is the true story of Christopher McCandless (Emile Hirsch). Freshly graduated from college with a promising future ahead, McCandless instead walked out of his privileged life and into the wild in search of adventure.
Into The Wild (DVD) This is the true story of Christopher McCandless (Emile Hirsch). Freshly graduated from college with a promising future ahead, McCan dless inste ad walked out of his privileged life and into the wild in search of adve nture.
- Warner Manufacturing
Into the Wild (2007) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.
People also ask
How Chris McCandless died in 'into the wild'?
Did Jon Krakauer finally solve 'into the wild' mystery?
What is the soundtrack for into the wild?
What songs are in into the wild?
Sep 27, 2007 · Jon Krakauer's Into the Wild, which I read with a fascinated dread, tells the story of a 20-year-old college graduate who cashes in his law school fund and, in the words of Mark Twain, lights out for the territory. He drives west until he can drive no farther, and then north into the Alaskan wilderness.
After graduating from Emory University in 1992, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity, and hitchhikes to...
- The Tragic Adventure
- But What Actually Happened?
- Chris's Legacy Lesson
McCandless was a 22 years old college graduate when he set out for his two-years trip across the American West: a journey that would eventually take him to the Alaskan wilderness. Gallien, the driver who Chris rode the last part of his trip, was the last person to spend a notable amount of time with him. He later recalled having concerns and profound doubts about McCandless's ability to survive in the unforgiving Alaskan woodland. Chris planned to journey across Alaska towards more lived-in areas but settled in an abandoned bus he found along the way, as it seemed like a good camping spot. After two months of living there, he decided to get back to society. He packed up his camp and headed back to civilization on July 3. When he got down to the Teklanika River, the crossing that he previously made over the frozen waters was now thawed and became impassible. Unable to cross, McCandless returned to the bus. "Rained in. River looks impossible. Lonely, scared.", said his journal entry f...
There is still much debate happening over the cause of Chris's death. According to the coroner's report, it was starvation. But a few years ago, a writer Ronald Hamilton, posted his investigation that brought previously unknown evidence to light. Chris's diary indicated that since June of that year, roots, and later seeds of the wild-potato plants became his staple food: they were growing in abundance around the bus. One of his photos shows a Ziploc bag full of these toxic seeds. We can say that Christopher McCandless did indeed starve to death in the Alaskan wild, but because of the toxin, which made him too weak to move and care for himself. He was an underweight man in his early 20s, leading a life full of straining physical exercises combined with the nutritionally deficient diet, so he could not have much of a margin for error. And he began to eat massive amounts of seeds containing toxic amino acid. He became slowly paralyzed.
Chris McCandless is a misfortunate young man who managed to starve to death a few hours hike off the George Parks Highway and was made into a celebrity post-mortem. Chris's story is just a tragic one. He chose to discover his way in life by trying to live off the land, not an impossible challenge if you apply common sense and exercise reasonable caution. He, however, ignored every good advice and safety warning and insisted on listening only to himself and going hardcore. He set off unprepared and unequipped, and he found out what it was like in the wilderness: in his own words, lonely and hard.
- Christopher McCandless’ Watch. While watching the movie, you may have noticed the watch Emile Hirsch was wearing. Well, in fact, it was Christopher McCandless’ real life watch and was given to Emile as a present.
- Weight Loss. One of the words written in Christopher’s journal was his entry on July 30, 1992 which said, “EXTREMELY WEAK. FAULT OF POTATO SEED. MUCH TROUBLE JUST TO STAND UP.
- No Stunt-men or Doubles. In the movie, Emile Hirsch had faced, let’s say, challenging and difficult scenes such as an encounter with a grizzly bear, crossing the river rapids, rock and mountain climbing.
- The Making of the Movie. Sean Penn must have had the idea of making McCandless’ life as a movie but he had not taken the opportunity right away. Sean had to wait 10 years before he had started the film in assurance of McCandless’ family’s approval of making Christopher’s life into the big screen.