Despite its name, the Brussels-Capital Region is not the capital of Belgium. Article 194 of the Belgian Constitution establishes that the capital of Belgium is the City of Brussels, the municipality in the region that is the city's core. The City of Brussels is the location of many national institutions.
- 13 m (43 ft)
- 18 June 1989
Brussels, city, capital of Belgium. It is located in the valley of the Senne (Flemish: Zenne) River, a small tributary of the Schelde (French: Escaut). Greater Brussels is the country’s largest urban agglomeration. It consists of 19 communes, or municipalities, each with a large measure of
People also ask
Is the city of Brussels the capital of Belgium?
Why is Brussels called Brussels?
Why is Brussels important to Belgium?
How many municipalities are there in Brussels?
- Brussels is the political capital of Europe, and it is home to 40,000 EU employees and 4,000 NATO employees. So, not surprisingly, about 27 percent of the residents in Brussels are not Belgium citizens.
- Belgians do not share one common language. In fact, there are THREE official languages in Belgium. In Brussels, people mostly speak French, but all public signs and documents are in French and Flemish Dutch.
- The Justice Palace (Palais de Justice) in Brussels is the largest court in the world at 26,000 square metres (that’s 28,000 square feet).
- Brussels is a major producer of beer, waffles, and chocolate – yum! There are more than 800 brands of beer for sale in the city.
It is Brussels Capital Region and Brussels (city). Brussels is just one of the municipalities of the Brussels Capital Region, however it is entitled to carry the title of ‘ City ‘ (for historical reasons re-installed after Napoleon got defeated .....
Belgium is one of the most industrialized countries in Europe, with industries including metal manufacturing, food production, and construction. The capital city, Brussels, is considered a center of the world economy and diplomacy, with headquarters of the European Union, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and other organizations located ...
Sep 07, 2014 · Brussels, as we saw, was never chosen as the capital of the EU. It became the capital of the EU by stealth, in stoemelings as the Brussels dialect puts it, essentially because of the inability of the six, then nine, then twelve, then fifteen, then twenty five and now twenty eight member states to decide which city this capital should be.
Brussels-Capital Region Portal for the citizen, the businessman and the tourist. Homepage of the Brussels-Capital Region portal — Région bruxelloise - Brussels Gewest Navigation
Mar 18, 2019 · Best Things To Do in Brussels Belgium #6 — Arcades du Cinquantenaire. The Arcades du Cinquantenaire is a monumental triple arch in the center of Cinquantenaire Park in Brussels Belgium. The arch was built for the world exhibition of 1880 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the independence of Belgium.
Apr 06, 2021 · The Capital Region’s system will be operated by Doctena, Health Minister Alain Maron stated on Saturday. “Brussels has signed a contract with the company Doctena so that registrations in the centres no longer go through the Doclr system. Doctena will include a ‘last-minute’ function for vaccinations,” he added.
- related to: is brussels the capital of belgium yes or no longer
tripadvisor.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month