en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt#:~:text=Frankfurt (officially: Frankfurt am Main (German: [ˈfʁaŋkfʊʁt ʔam,of Germany after Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, and Cologne.
- Frankfurt (officially: Frankfurt am Main (German: [ˈfʁaŋkfʊʁt ʔam ˈmaɪn] (listen); lit. "Frank ford at the Main")) is a metropolis and the largest city of the German federal state of Hesse , and its 746,878 (2017) inhabitants make it the fifth-largest city of Germany after Berlin, Hamburg , Munich, and Cologne .
People also ask
Is Frankfurt the capital of Germany?
What is the population of Frankfurt Germany?
Is Frankfurt a city country or town?
Which region of Germany is Frankfurt in?
Frankfurt is the largest city in the federated state of Hesse in the south-western part of Germany. Site. Frankfurt is located on both sides of the Main River, south-east of the Taunus mountain range. The southern part of the city contains the Frankfurt City Forest, Germany's largest city forest.
Frankfurt am Main, city in western Germany that lies along the Main River about 19 miles upstream from its confluence with the Rhine River at Mainz. There is evidence of Celtic and Germanic settlements in the city dating from the 1st century BCE, as well as Roman remains from the 1st and 2nd centuries CE.
The gothic Saint Bartholomeus Cathedral is a perseverant structure, having been destroyed and rebuilt twice since its 14th century construction. Catch a screening at the German Film Museum, stroll the exhibit halls of one of Frankfurt’s many galleries, or climb to the top of the Main Tower for sweeping 360-degree views of the city.
Jun 23, 2014 · Frankfurt may be best known as the business and finance capital of Germany, but it is also one of the most desirable cities to live in and visit. With a rich collection of museums, historic buildings and a lively art and culture scene, Frankfurt is a surprisingly impressive place for a weekend break.
- Lucinda Watts
- Phillipp Reis invented the first 'make and break telephone' in Frankfurt. A sketch of Reis with his telephone receiver. In 1861 Phillipp Reis was the first person to invent the 'make and break telephone', where sound is converted into electrical signals and back again.
- Throughout the Holy Roman Empire, new kings were elected here. Kaiser Franz II. The Holy Roman Empire began in the early Middle Ages and continued until the early 1800s, occupying modern-day Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and the Netherlands for ten centuries.
- Largest inner-city forest in Germany. The Stadtwald in Frankfurt. Frankfurt am Main may be one of the most densely populated cities in Germany, but it also has the largest inner-city forest in the country.
- Frankfurt means Ford of Franks. Emperor Charlemagne. The city’s name comes from Emperor Charlemagne, who referred to the settlement as “Franconovud”, or “Ford of the Franks”, in 794 when he built himself a royal council there.
Aug 21, 2019 · Why Frankfurt Is The Aviation Capital Of Germany. Frankfurt is Europe’s fourth busiest airport. However, Frankfurt is a good 400km from Berlin, the capital city of its host country. With this in mind, Simple Flying decided to look into what makes Frankfurt Airport Germany’s aviation capital.
Frankfurt The western city of Frankfurt on the Main River is the fifth-largest city in Germany, with around 700,000 inhabitants. It's one of the world's most important financial centers and a key...
QAnon has become a powerful force in Germany, helping to drive Europe's biggest anti-lockdown movement
Since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, Germany has seen a growing anti-lockdown movement which has become one of the largest in Europe. The protesters ...
Business Insider via Yahoo News
4 days ago
- People who know Rudy Giuliani are shocked by what he’s become. People who know Trump say he’s terrifiedThe Independent via Yahoo News4 days ago
- Goldman to open trading venue in Paris due to BrexitThe Telegraph via Yahoo News11 hours ago
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this weekAssociated Press via Yahoo News4 days ago
- German QAnon Groups Now Claim Trump’s Election Boogeyman Is Behind Coronavirus TestsThe Daily Beast via Yahoo News5 days ago
- Prestige Beauty Recovery Lags in Germany’s Largest CitiesWWD via Yahoo News5 days ago
Apr 25, 2014 · City tour to Frankfurt am Main - Germany Music: "Two Guitars" by Admiral Bob "Nanyang Journey (Instrumental)" by Ivan Chew "Go to Girl (Adilyn's Mix)" by snowflake "WHEN THE SKY TURNS BLUE" by ...
- 20 min