Jacaranda mimosifolia, commonly known as the jacaranda, blue jacaranda, or fern tree, is a species of flowering plant native to South America, particularly Argentina and Bolivia. Today, it is found in many parts of the world. It is a stunning ornamental tree prized for its beautiful blue-violet flowers and delicate fern-like foliage.
People also ask
Are there different types of Jacaranda mimosifolia?
Do jacaranda trees flower?
Why is Jacaranda invasive?
What problems does Jacaranda mimosifolia have?
Jun 6, 2023 · Jillian Dara In This Article Care Types Pruning Propagating Growing From Seed Growing in Pots Overwintering Common Pests and Diseases Bloom Common Issues FAQ The jacaranda tree is a beautiful tropical tree that produces clusters of fragrant purple panicle-shaped blooms and arching branches that form a canopy shaped like an upturned umbrella.
- Jacaranda mimosifoila
- 2 min
- Jacaranda tree, black poui, blue jacaranda
- Jacaranda mimosifolia ‘Blue Jacaranda’ It is often called the tree with intense beauty. It has a huge crown that spreads across fifteen to thirty feet.
- Jacaranda Mimosifolia ‘Alba’ or ‘White Christmas’ Popularly known as the Black Poui or the Fern Tree, White Christmas has attractive flowers that show around Christmas, as is apparent from its name.
- Jacaranda jasminoides ‘Maroon’ It is a dwarf cultivar that grows between 10 and 25 feet tall and produces maroon-purple flowers. It can grow as an evergreen or deciduous tree or a shrub.
- Dwarf Jacaranda ‘Bonsai Blue’ It is a dwarf, charming variety with showy flowers. The Dwarf Jacaranda Bonsai Blue can be a specimen of any small yard or garden.
Description The species are shrubs to large trees ranging in size from 20 to 30 m (66 to 98 ft) tall. The leaves are bipinnate in most species, pinnate or simple in a few species. The flowers are produced in conspicuous large panicles, each flower with a five-lobed blue to purple-blue corolla; a few species have white flowers.
Common Name: jacarandá Type: Tree Family: Bignoniaceae Native Range: Argentina, Bolivia Zone: 10 to 11 Height: 25.00 to 50.00 feet Spread: 15.00 to 30.00 feet Bloom Time: June to July Bloom Description: Blue-purple Sun: Full sun Water: Medium Maintenance: Medium Suggested Use: Flowering Tree Flower: Showy Garden locations Culture