Prince Frederick III, Elector of Saxony, obtained a safe conduct for Luther to and from the meeting. Johann Eck, speaking on behalf of the empire as assistant of the Archbishop of Trier , presented Luther with copies of his writings laid out on a table and asked him if the books were his and whether he stood by their contents.
Apr 30, 2021 · Importantly, this included the Kingdom of Great Britain, whose king, George III, was also the Prince-elector of Hanover in the Holy Roman Empire. King George III came from an ethnic German family and was the first of the British royal House of Hanover to speak English as his first language.
May 01, 2021 · Negotiations had started there on 31 December 1762. Frederick, who had considered ceding East Prussia to Russia if Peter III helped him secure Saxony, finally insisted on excluding Russia (in fact, no longer a belligerent) from the negotiations. At the same time, he refused to evacuate Saxony until its elector had renounced any claim to reparation.
- 17 May 1756 – 15 February 1763, (6 years, 8 months, 4 weeks and 1 day)
- Anglo-Prussian coalition victory, Return to the status quo ante bellum in Europe, Treaty of Saint Petersburg (1762), Treaty of Hamburg (1762), Treaty of Paris (1763), Treaty of Hubertusburg (1763)
- Europe, North America, Caribbean, South America, Africa, Indian Subcontinent, Philippine Archipelago
- No territorial changes in Europe, Transfer of colonial possessions between Great Britain, France, Portugal and Spain, France and Spain return conquered colonial territory to Great Britain and Portugal, France cedes its North American possessions east of the Mississippi River, Canada, the islands of St. Vincent, Tobago, Dominica, and Grenada, and the Northern Circars in India to Great Britain, France cedes Louisiana and its North American territory west of the Mississippi River to Spain, Spain cedes Florida to Great Britain, Mughal Empire cedes Bengal to Great Britain.
Apr 29, 2021 · Bohemia proper (Čechy) with the County of Kladsko (Hrabství kladské) was the main area of the Kingdom of Bohemia. The Egerland ( Chebsko ) was ultimately obtained by King Wenceslaus II between 1291 and 1305; given in pawn to Bohemia by King Louis IV of Germany in 1322 and subsequently joined in personal union with Bohemia proper.
May 01, 2021 · The death in 1525 of the Elector Frederick the Wise and Elector John's in 1532 brought no change in Cranach's position; he remained a favourite with John Frederick I, under whom he twice (1531 and 1540) filled the office of burgomaster of Wittenberg.
Apr 27, 2021 · 1463: Ernest, Elector of Saxony and his wife Elisabeth gave birth to Frederick II, the Elector of Saxony who protected Luther during that period from approximately 1514 to 1523 during which the ...
The Seven Sorrows Polyptych, commissioned by Frederick III of Saxony in 1496, was executed by Dürer and his assistants c. 1500. In 1502, Dürer's father died. In 1502, Dürer's father died. Around 1503–1505 Dürer produced the first 17 of a set illustrating the Life of the Virgin , which he did not finish for some years.
The Catholic Church viewed the Waldensians as unorthodox, and in 1184 at the Synod of Verona, under the auspices of Pope Lucius III, they were excommunicated. Pope Innocent III went even further during the Fourth Lateran Council in 1215, officially denouncing the Waldensians as heretics.
Apr 27, 2021 · Alexander III., son of the preceding, married a daughter of Henry III., sided with him against the barons, successfully resisted the invasion of Haco, king of Norway, and on the conclusion of peace gave his daughter in marriage to Haco's successor Eric; accidentally killed by falling over a cliff near Kinghorn when hunting in 1285.
Apr 13, 2021 · George of Poděbrady, later to become the "national" king of Bohemia, emerged as leader of the Utraquist regency. George installed another Utraquist, John of Rokycan, as archbishop of Prague and succeeded in uniting the more radical Taborites with the Czech Reformed Church. The Catholic party was driven out of Prague.
- related to: john george iii elector of saxony ny