The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing (1973) The Paper Chase (1973) Cinderella Liberty (1973) Conrack (1974) The Sugarland Express (1974) Earthquake (1974) The Towering Inferno (1974) The Eiger Sanction (1975) Jaws (1975) Family Plot (1976) The Missouri Breaks (1976) Midway (1976) Black Sunday (1977) Star Wars (1977) Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
Music By John Williams (14) New York City (14) Showdown (14) Sword Fight (14) Underwater Scene (14) Vehicle (14) 1970s (13) Alien (13) Car (13)
People also ask
What films were written by John Williams?
What musical period did John Williams compose in?
How many awards has John Williams won?
Who is the most successful movie composer of all time?
John Towner Williams (born February 8, 1932) is an American composer, conductor, pianist and trombonist, widely regarded as the greatest film composer of all time.In a career that has spanned nearly seven decades, he has composed some of the most popular, recognizable, and critically acclaimed film scores in cinematic history.
Composed in 1996 for Michael Sachs, first trumpet of the Cleveland Orchestra 1997 rev. 2002 Elegy for Cello and Orchestra Premiered by John Williams, piano and John Waltz, cello. Later arranged for Cello and Orchestra Composed in 1997 for a memorial service in Los Angeles. Based on a secondary theme from Seven Years in Tibet: 2000
2006 Failure to Launch (performer: "Yoda and The Force" - as John T. Williams) / (writer: "Yoda and The Force" - as John T. Williams) 2005 Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (writer: "Theme from Jaws") 2005 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (writer: "Hedwig's Theme")
The Best Shows and Movies on Amazon Prime in April. ... John Williams. Birth Name: ... Flushing, New York, United States. Profession composer. Subject (person only) 2 Credits. Great Performances ...
Williams has composed for many critically acclaimed and popular movies, including the Star Wars saga, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Superman, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Home Alone, the Indiana Jones films, the first two Jurassic Park films, Schindler's List, and the first three Harry Potter films.
- 2 min
John Towner Williams was born in the Flushing section of Queens, in New York City, on February 8, 1932, the oldest of Esther and Johnny Williams. His father, a jazz drummer, had been one of the original members of the Raymond Scott Quintet and later was a percussionist with the CBS Radio Orchestra and NBC's "Your Hit Parade".
- An award-winning film composer. Nominated for more than 40 Oscars, and winner of five, John Williams is one of the most famous and most acclaimed composers ever.
- Jaws (1975) John Williams' ominous music for director Spielberg's first major hit, won the composer an Oscar. The threatening shark motif, two low notes played alternately on the tuba, has since become synonymous with sharks in general and imminent danger in the water.
- Superman - The Movie (1978) Hollywood veteran Jerry Goldsmith was originally lined up to compose the music for Richard Donner's Superman, starring Christopher Reeve.
- The Empire Strikes Back (1980) Why The Empire Strikes Back, you may ask, and not Star Wars in our chart of John Williams' Ten Best? Well simply because the second episode (or is it fifth?)
- related to: john williams movies he composed for cats