20 hours ago · A Cornish speaker, recorded in Cornwall. Cornish ( Standard Written Form: Kernewek or Kernowek) is a Southwestern Brittonic language of the Celtic language family. It is a revived language, having become extinct as a living community language in Cornwall at the end of the 18th century.
20 hours ago · Brando was born in Omaha, Nebraska, on April 3, 1924, to Marlon Ernest Brando (1895–1965), a pesticide and chemical feed manufacturer, and Dorothy Julia Pennebaker (1897–1954). Brando had two elder sisters, named Jocelyn (1919–2005) and Frances (1922–1994). His ancestry was mostly German, Dutch, English, and Irish.
20 hours ago · The Dutch, Swedish, and French also established successful American colonies at roughly the same time as the English, but they eventually came under the English crown. The Thirteen Colonies were complete with the establishment of the Province of Georgia in 1732, although the term "Thirteen Colonies" became current only in the context of the ...
- Popularity and Trivia
- People with The Given Name
- Fictional Characters
- in Different Languages
- See Also
The name Robert was a royal name in France, Germany, Scotland and England during the medieval period, and was the name of several kings, dukes, and other rulers and noblemen. It was one of the most popular male names in medieval Europe, likely due to its frequent usage amongst royalty and nobility. To this day, Robertremains one of the most frequently given male names. Robert was in the top 10 most given boys' names in the United States for 47 years, from 1925 to 1972. While some names become less frequently used due to negative associations, Robert is still widely used despite its connection to many negatively evaluated historical figures. In Italy during the Second World War, the form of the name, Roberto, briefly acquired a new meaning derived from, and referring to the Rome-Berlin-Tokyo Axis. The name's second component, *berhta-, is the original root for the modern English word "bright". The name Robert almost exactly shares its meaning with the name Waldemar / Vladimir.
Kings of Scotland 1. Robert I of Scotland (1274–1329) ("Robert the Bruce"), king and national hero of Scotland, legendary for his victory at the Battle of Bannockburn, one of the most prominent and skilled warriors of his time who freed Scotland from the English rule during the Wars of Scottish Independence 2. Robert II of Scotland (Robert Stewart) (1316–1390), one of the principal commanders at the Battle of Halidon Hill 3. Robert III of Scotland(c. 1337/40–1406) Kings of France 1. Robert I...
1. Robert III of Artois (1287–1342), Lord of Conches-en-Ouche, of Domfront, and of Mehun-sur-Yèvre, Earl of Richmond, one of the principal commanders of Battle of Saint-Omer and Hundred Years' War (1337–1360) 2. Robert of Bellême, 3rd Earl of Shrewsbury, Anglo-Norman nobleman, and one of the most prominent figures in the competition for the succession to England and Normandy, member of the House of Bellême, one of the principal commanders of Battle of Tinchebray 3. Sir Robert Bemborough, medi...
1. Robert Huntington, known as Robin Hood, legendary heroic outlaw and nobleman originally depicted in English folklore, highly skilled archer and swordsman, sometimes regarded as a national hero of England 2. Robert Roy Macgregor(1671–1734), Scottish outlaw and national heroKing Robert Baratheon, a fictional king in A Song of Ice and Fire novels by George R. R. Martin & the 2011 TV series Game of Thrones(King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the S...Robert, main character of the 2021 action thriller RoberrtRobert Barone, a character from the 1996 sitcom Everybody Loves RaymondRobert Goodfellow, domestic and nature sprite, demon, or fairyin mythologyRobert, one of the names often used to refer to a legendary Christmas character known as KrampusRobert, one of the names often used to refer to the Devilin mythology
Major 1. Kannada: ರಾಬರ್ಟ್ (Rābarṭ) 2. Malayalam: റോബർട്ട് (Ŗēābarṭṭ) 3. Tamil: ராபர்ட் (Rāparṭ) 4. Telugu: రాబర్ట్ (Rābarṭ) 5. Tulu: రాబర్ట్ (Rābarṭ) Others 1. Brahui: روبرت (Robert) 2. Chenchu: రాబర్ట్ (Rābarṭ) 3. Kui: ରବର୍ଟ (Robert) 4. Kuvi: ରବର୍ଟ (Robert)
- September 17
- "fame-bright", "glory-bright", "shining with glory"
20 hours ago · John Maurice of Nassau prince of Nassau-Siegen, was appointed as the governor of the Dutch possessions in Brazil in 1636 by the Dutch West India Company on recommendation of Frederick Henry. He landed at Recife , the port of Pernambuco and the chief stronghold of the Dutch, in January 1637.
- Moctezuma IMoctezuma IICuitláhuacCuauhtémoc