biden joseph robinette sr. november 13, 1915 - september 2, 2002 catherine eugenia finnegan july 7, 1917 - january 8, 2010
Jan 08, 2010 · Catherine Eugenia "Jean" Finnegan Biden was the daughter of the late Ambrose J. Finnegan and the former Geraldine C. Blewitt of Scranton, Pennsylvania. In 1941, she married Joseph Robinette Biden with whom she had four children.
The Life of Joseph Robinette When Joseph Robinette Biden Sr. was born on 13 November 1915, in Baltimore, Maryland, United States, his father, Joseph Harry Biden, was 22 and his mother, Mary Elizabeth Robinette, was 20. He married Catherine Eugenia 'Jean' Finnegan on 30 May 1941, in Scranton, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Catherine Eugenia 'Jean' Finnegan
- Irish Ancestry
- Vital Records
- See Also
Catherine Eugenia (Jean) Finnegan is descended from the Finnegan family from County Louth, close to the border with Northern Ireland. Smolenyak's research suggests that Vice President Joseph Biden's maternal great-great-grandfather, Owen Finnegan, emigrated from the port of Newry, County Down, in 1849. He was among the estimated 2 million people who left Ireland during the Great Famine, which saw nearly one-eighth of the entire population die from starvation and disease. "Owen Finnegan arrived in New York on May 31, 1849, just five weeks after Joseph Kearney, Obama's ancestor," Smolenyak writes on her website. "Curiously, both men were shoemakers."
1. Location: Saint Joseph on the Brandywine Cemetery, Greenville, New Castle County, DelawareAncestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch. Year: 1920; Census Place: Baltimore Ward...Ancestry.com. 1930 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2002. Year: 1930; Census Place: Wilmington, New Castle, Delaware; Page: 3A; Enumerat...Ancestry.com. 1940 United States Federal Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2012. Year: 1940; Census Place: Scranton, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania; Roll: m-t0627-...
- Marriage and Family
- Vital Records
- See Also
In 1941, Mr. Biden, while employed as a sales representative for Amoco Oil Company in Harrisburg, Penn., married Jean Finnegan of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 1. Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. (1942)- 47th Vice President of the U.S. and 2020 President-elect, 2. Valerie Biden 3. James Biden 4. Frank Biden
1. Location: Saint Joseph on the Brandywine CemeteryGreenville, New Castle County, Delawarev
Jun 20, 2016 · Born on 20 November 1942, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. was the first born of Joseph Robinette Biden Sr. and Catherine Eugenia (known as Jean) Finnegan, who married in 1941 (1). The ancestry of Jean Finnegan is purely Irish, tracing back to the years of Ireland’s massive emigration at the time of the Great Famine.
Joseph Robinette "Joe" Biden Jr. was born on November 20, 1942, at St. Mary's Hospital in Scranton, Pennsylvania, to Catherine Eugenia "Jean" Biden (née Finnegan; July 7, 1917 – January 8, 2010) and Joseph Robinette Biden Sr. (November 13, 1915 – September 2, 2002), who married in 1941.
ROBINETTE BIDEN AND CATHERINE EUGENIA “JEAN” FINNEGAN. (Footnote 3) The marriage of Joseph Robinette Biden, Sr. to Catherine Eugenia Finnegan documents their relationship and their parents including Joseph Biden and Mary Robinette, helping to confirm the 2nd & 3rd Generations of the Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. Pedigree.
Joe Biden was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania, the son of Joseph Robinette Biden Sr. (1915–2002) and Catherine Eugenia "Jean" Finnegan (born 1918). He was the first of four siblings in an Irish Catholic family originally from Derry, Ireland. He has two brothers, James Brian Biden and Francis W. Biden, and a sister, Valerie (Biden) Owens.
Mar 14, 2021 · Joseph Robinette Biden, Sr. in U.S. Social Security Death Index (SSDI) Joseph R Biden Sr Added 2020-03-11 06:32:31 -0700 by Tamás Flinn Caldwell-Gilbert
- Joseph H Biden, Mary Elizabeth Biden
- Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- November 13, 1915
- September 02, 2002 (86)