Jan 21, 2021 · Vice President Kamala Harris is stepmom—or "Momala"—to her husband's two children. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Kamala Harris (@kamalaharris) Emhoff has two children from his previous relationship with his ex-wife Kerstin Emhoff: daughter Ella and son Cole.
- Mckenzie Jean-Philippe
Donald J. Harris is the father of Kamala Harris. He is a Jamaican-American economist and professor emeritus at Stanford University, originally from Saint Ann's Bay, Jamaica. Of Afro-Jamaican heritage, Harris was born on August 23, 1938, to Beryl Christie (Finnegan, through her second husband ) and Oscar Joseph Harris.
Mar 16, 2021 · Harris became a stepmom when she married Emhoff. He had two children from his previous marriage, Cole and Ella. They were named after John Coltrane (Cole) and Ella Fitzgerald (Ella), Kamala wrote...
Jan 21, 2021 · In her victory speech as the vice president-elect, Kamala Harris honored not only the brave women who came before her, but also the loving family members who supported her throughout her campaign...
- Erica Gonzales
Jan 21, 2021 · The family that Harris, 55, and her husband Doug Emhoff, also 55, have made is being touted as a model modern American unit. The term “stepmom” soon evolved into “momala” - a play on her name, and...
- 1 min
- Independent Staff
- Elly Belle
- Douglas Emhoff. Douglas Emhoff is a lawyer and Kamala Harris’ husband. And he, too, is set to make history when he becomes the first Second Gentleman of the United States and the first Jewish spouse of a president or vice president in history.
- Cole and Ella Emhoff. Harris is step-mom, or more endearingly known as “Momala,” to Doug’s kids Cole and Ella. The kids, who are actually all grown up and not children at all, were named after John Coltrane and Ella Fitzgerald.
- Maya Harris. Maya Harris is Kamala’s younger sister and best friend — and she’s played a big role in her life. Not only did she officiate Kamala's wedding to Doug in 2014, she was the campaign chairwoman of Harris' presidential bid, and worked on Hillary Clinton’s campaign as well.
- Meena Harris. Meena is Kamala’s niece, and like her mother Maya, is incredibly close with the Vice President-elect. She’s from California, and following in the footsteps of her other family members, Meena is also a lawyer.
Feb 03, 2021 · Vice President Kamala Harris and her husband, Doug Emhoff, have been married for six years. Emhoff's son, Cole, describes them as "almost vomit-inducingly cute and coupley." The couple can often be seen laughing together and engaging in public displays of affection. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
- Talia Lakritz
Jan 20, 2021 · Kamala Harris‘ husband Douglas Emhoff, is one of the most adoring political spouses ever—and he will be a first in two major ways: Emhoff is the first second gentleman, as well as the first ...
- Jessica Sager
Kamala Harris’ Children and Husband Kamla and Husband Douglas: image source Harris has a relatively reserved public personality when it comes to her love life but that hasn’t stopped fans from finding out things about her. And from what has been found, the actress is a married woman.
- He was an entertainment lawyer. Though he was born in Brooklyn, New York, California has arguably had the biggest impact on Emhoff's life. He graduated from the University of Southern California's Gould School of Law, met and married his wife on the left coast, and it's where he was formerly based as a partner at DLA Piper Law Firm.
- He has two kids from a previous marriage. Related Story. Reimagining the America Political Family. In 1992, Emhoff married his first wife, Kerstin, who went on to co-found the production company Prettybird.
- He and Harris met on a blind date. A few years after Emhoff's divorce from his first wife, PR consultant Chrisette Hudlin set the two up while Harris was serving as California's attorney general.
- They had a sweet, low-key wedding ceremony. Not a believer in long engagements, Harris and Emhoff held their ceremony around four months after their engagement at the Santa Barbara Courthouse, according to The San Francisco Chronicle.