Jan 21, 2021 · Jan 21, 2021. As a senator and former attorney general, Vice President Kamala Harris's career is stacked, but we can't help but be curious about her personal life. Below, everything we know about her stepchildren Cole and Ella, her husband Douglas Emhoff's kids from his first marriage. On August 11, 2020, Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden ushered in political history when he announced that now-Vice President Kamala Harris would be his running mate for the 2020 election.
- Mckenzie Jean-Philippe
Jan 20, 2021 · Meet US Vice President Kamala Harris’ stepchildren, Cole and Ella Emhoff, the son and daughter of her husband Doug Emhoff. To the rest of world, Kamala Harris will soon be known as “madam vice ...
- 30 sec
- Suzy Weiss
Douglas Emhoff is the husband of Kamala Harris. He was born to Jewish parents, Michael and Barbara Emhoff, in Brooklyn, New York. He lived in New Jersey from 1969 to 1981, moving with his family to California when he was 17. Emhoff graduated from the California State University, Northridge and USC Gould School of Law.
Mar 16, 2021 · Harris became a stepmom when she married Emhoff. He had two children from his previous marriage, Cole and Ella. They were named after John Coltrane (Cole) and Ella Fitzgerald (Ella), Kamala wrote...
ALSO READ: Mor Shapiro Biography, Husband, Kids, Family, Facts. On the day of their wedding, both Kamala and Ernhoff are said to have been 49 years old (although some other sources said that he was 54 instead). It was Kamala’s first marriage ever, but it was Ernhoff’s second.
Kamala Harris’ Children and Husband Kamla and Husband Douglas: image source. Harris has a relatively reserved public personality when it comes to her love life but that hasn’t stopped fans from finding out things about her. And from what has been found, the actress is a married woman. The name of her husband is Douglas Emhoff.
Jan 20, 2021 · Harris and Emhoff don’t have biological children together, but Emhoff has two adult children from his previous marriage, son Cole and daughter Ella. Is Kamala Harris a mother? Harris is a proud...
- Jessica Sager
- Elly Belle
- Douglas Emhoff. Douglas Emhoff is a lawyer and Kamala Harris’ husband. And he, too, is set to make history when he becomes the first Second Gentleman of the United States and the first Jewish spouse of a president or vice president in history.
- Cole and Ella Emhoff. Harris is step-mom, or more endearingly known as “Momala,” to Doug’s kids Cole and Ella. The kids, who are actually all grown up and not children at all, were named after John Coltrane and Ella Fitzgerald.
- Maya Harris. Maya Harris is Kamala’s younger sister and best friend — and she’s played a big role in her life. Not only did she officiate Kamala's wedding to Doug in 2014, she was the campaign chairwoman of Harris' presidential bid, and worked on Hillary Clinton’s campaign as well.
- Meena Harris. Meena is Kamala’s niece, and like her mother Maya, is incredibly close with the Vice President-elect. She’s from California, and following in the footsteps of her other family members, Meena is also a lawyer.
- Kamala Harris & Her Husband Met on a Blind Date. Vice President Kamala Harris first met her husband on a blind date after being set up by a close friend.
- Kamala Looked Up Doug Before the Date. Mark Makela / Getty Images. What's a meet-cute without the internet research first? Harris admitted in an interview with CBS' Sunday Morning in January 2021, that she did, in fact, Google her future husband.
- Meeting His Kids Was a Big Deal. Prior to Vice President Kamala Harris and Douglas Emhoff's engagement, there was one big moment for the couple, which involved the vice president's first greeting with her beau's two children from his first marriage: Cole and Ella.
- He Proposed in Her Apartment. In a press conference, Harris revealed her engagement to the public while she held her post as California's attorney general.
Aug 24, 2020 · At the 2020 Democratic National Convention, voters got to know a little bit more about Kamala Harris’ husband, Douglas Emhoff, who gave a seven-minute speech during the party's LGBTQ caucus meeting on Aug. 20. The entertainment litigator has played the role of supportive spouse to perfection, and his two adult kids, Cole and Ella, have lavished praise on their stepmom — who they fondly refer to as "Momala."
- Allison Cacich