Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey damaged the royal family's reputation. Now it appears that Prince William and Kate Middleton
INSIDER via Yahoo
4 days ago
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said 'I do' in front of a star-studded guest list at Westminster Abbey on 29 April – and people across the world tuned in to see Kate Middleton's gorgeous wedding dress.
- WATCH: Look Back At Prince William And Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding.
- Kate's dress featured a V-neckline, long sleeves, a fitted Victorian bodice and, in signature McQueen style, padding on the hips.
- It was covered in handmade lace created by the Royal School of Needlework. The youngest lace-maker on the team was 19 years old at the time. MORE: 14 wedding guest hats that turned heads on Prince William and Kate Middleton's big day.
May 13, 2021 · Few wedding dresses have garnered such long-lasting excitement and influence as Kate Middleton’s. The Alexander McQueen gown, designed by Sarah Burton, remains a reference point for countless ...
Jul 13, 2020 · Who else remembers waking up at 4 a.m. on April 29, 2011, to watch Kate Middleton marry Prince William during the most extravagant royal wedding e-v-e-r? Yeah, honestly, me neither because I ...
- Mehera Bonner
- Maggie Maloney
- Associate Digital Editor
- The dress was Victorian-inspired. Specifically, the bodice was inspired by the Victorian tradition of corsetry, meaning it narrowed at the waist and was padded slightly below the midsection, according to a statement released by the Palace.
- Kate's train was nearly nine-feet-long. Or two meters, 70 centimeters long. While the train made for a dramatic entrance into Westminster Abbey, it was actually short compared to Princess Diana's train, which measured a whopping 25 feet in length.
- The lace work was created by hand. The lace appliqué on the skirt and bodice of the dress was handmade by the Royal School of Needlework, which is based at Hampton Court Palace.
- Kate's "something borrowed" was her Cartier tiara. Talk about the ultimate something borrowed: Kate wore the Queen's Cartier Halo tiara on her wedding day, also known as the Cartier Scroll tiara.
- 2 min
- Maura Hohman
- Fit for a princess. From the first glance, the dress, designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, seems like exactly what a modern-day princess should wear.
- The designer. It was a mystery who had designed the gown until Sarah Burton, the creative director of famous British fashion house Alexander McQueen, was spotted helping fix the train of Kate's dress before she walked down the aisle, Rassi recalled.
- The lace. The appliqué on the lace, which covered the bodice and the sleeves, was all handmade by the Royal School of Needlework, Rassi noted, as was the embroidery on the veil and Kate's shoes.
- The 9-foot train. The train of Kate's dress was an impressive 9 feet long, though it's a far cry from the one Princess Diana wore to marry Prince Charles.
Apr 29, 2021 · On the 10th anniversary of Kate Middleton and Prince William’s royal wedding, let’s look back at how the Duchess’ iconic dress continues to influence bridal style to this day.
- Hannah Southwick
People also ask
What Kate Middleton wore to the Royal Wedding?
How to dress like Kate middlton?
Is Kate Middleton in the Royal Wedding?
What style is Kate Middleton?
Sep 13, 2017 · Almost exactly eight years ago, Kate Middleton stepped out of the Rolls-Royce at Westminster Abbey, revealing her Alexander McQueen wedding dress for the first time. The much anticipated (and ...
- Health Editor
- related to: kate middleton wedding dress