People also ask
What companies have the most employees in the world?
Who are the largest employers in the United States?
What are the top 10 companies in America?
What are the biggest corporations in the US?
f = Including franchise employees.. Largest private and semiprivate employers. The rankings ...
Ranking of the world's top publicly traded stock companies by number of employees companies: 4,848 total market cap: $88.954 T Global ranking (current)
This is a list of United States–based companies having the most employees globally. Note that ...
- United States Federal Government. Owner: people of the United States. CEO: Donald J. Trump. Business: operations, security, services, logistics. Location: Washington, DC.
- Walmart, Inc. Owner: Walton family. CEO: Doug McMillon. Business: retail and logistics. Location: Bentonville, AK. Employees: 1.5 million (US) Source: Public Domain.
- McDonald’s. Owner: Kroc family. CEO: Steve Easterbrook. Business: restaurant chain. Location: Chicago, IL. Employees: 420,000. Source: Anthony 92931 [CC BY-SA 3.0] via Wikimedia Commons.
- Kroger. Owner: Cerebrus Capital Management. CEO: David Dillon. Business: Grocery, consumer retail. Location: Cincinnati, OH. Employees: 400,000. Source: Public Domain.
The Department of Defense is the executive branch of the US federal government with the mandate to coordinate and supervise all the functions and government agencies concerned with matters of national security and the Armed Forces. The Department of Defense is the leading and largest global employer with a total of 3.2 million employees comprising of active servicemen, national guardsmen and reservists, and civilians from the four services. The US Department of Defense has the largest military budget in the world and is considered the most advanced following its technological advancement in military equipment.
The Chinese People Liberation Army acts as the armed forces of the Communist Party of China and the People's Republic of China. It comprises of five main service branches namely the Strategic Support Force, Navy, Air Force, Ground Force, Rocket Force, as well as one reservist service branch. The Liberation Army is the worlds second-largest employer with a workforce comprising of 2.3 million employees, which is 0.18% of the entire countrys population. The PLA is the fastest growing military group in the world following its recent commissioning of numerous technological advancements in weapons and military resources.
Walmart is an American multinational Fortune 500 retail corporation operating a chain of departmental stores, hypermarkets, and grocery store in the US, Europe, and Asia. It is a publicly traded family-owned business reporting the largest revenues of over $100 billion US dollars in the retail industry across the globe. It is the largest private employer and the third largest employer in the world boasting a team of 2.1 million employees.
McDonald's is the largest food chain company in the world and the fourth largest employer with 1.7 employees, the majority of whom work in the restaurant's franchisees. McDonald's serves more than 69 million customers in over one hundred countries where they operate under franchises business. The company derives its revenues from the restaurant sales and royalties, and fees and rents paid in by the franchisees.
China National Petroleum Corporation is the fifth largest employer in the world with a total of 1.7 million employees. It ranks as the third largest incorporated energy group in the world specializing in oil and gas. CNPC is a state-owned company concerned with hydrocarbon exploration, chemical and natural gas production, refining, and marketing of its products in China and beyond.
- Joyce Chepkemoi
- The Largest Private Employers In The United States. US Federal Government. With approximately 2,711,000 civilian employees, the US Federal Government is the largest employer in the world.
- Kroger. The Kroger Company, or just known as Kroger, was founded in 1883 by Bernard Kroger in Cincinnati, Ohio. Kroger is a retailing company in the US and the largest supermarket chain in the country by revenue with $109.83 billion for the 2016 fiscal year.
- Target. Target also known as Target Corporations is the eighth-largest private employer in the US with 347,000 employees. Target is the second largest departmental store retailer company in the US after Walmart.
- Yum! Brands. Formerly known as Triton Global Restaurants, Inc the Yum Brands or simply Yum is an American company founded in 1997. Yum features some worldwide fast-food chain restaurants such as Wingstreet, KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell.
List of largest companies. Below are the 500 largest companies by revenue in 2020, mostly ...
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. > Total employees: 2,200,000. > Revenue: $476.3 billion. > Country: United States. > Industry: Retail. Wal-Mart Stores is the world's largest employer.
- G4S plc. > Total employees: 618,000. > Revenue: $12.3 billion. > Country: United Kingdom. > Industry: Security services. G4S is the world's largest security company, with operations in 120 countries worldwide.
- Randstad Holding NV. > Total employees: 595,730. > Revenue: $22.8 billion. > Country: The Netherlands. > Industry: Human resources. Randstad is a multinational human resource company.
- Volkswagen AG. > Total employees: 555,097. > Revenue: $271.3 billion. > Country: Germany. > Industry: Manufacturing. Volkswagen, one of the world's top car manufacturers, built more than 9.7 million cars in 2013.