shop.alwaysreview.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month
The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (later retitled The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride) is a 1998 American animated direct-to-video romantic musical film.It is the sequel to Disney's 1994 animated feature film, The Lion King, with its plot influenced by William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and the second installment in The Lion King franchise.
Oct 27, 1998 · Simba and Nala have a daughter, Kiara. Timon and Pumbaa are assigned to be her babysitters, but she easily escapes their care and ventures into the forbidden lands. There she meets a lion cub named Kovu and they become friends. What she and her parents do not know is that Kovu is the son of Zira - a banished follower of the now-dead Scar.
- Darrell Rooney, Rob Laduca
- 57 sec
The Lion King II: Simba's Pride Experience the power of "Upendi" - which means "love" - as Kiara, Simba's strong-willed daughter, seeks adventure away from her father's watchful gaze. Timon and Pumbaa can do only so much to protect her, especially when she encounters an intriguing rival, Kovu, a cub who is being groomed to lead Scar's pride.
The Lion King 2 Simba's Pride is a missed opportunity to make a good sequel to a great film. This film is mediocre and doesn't stand out, which is a shame because because The Lion King was such a...
- animation, musical, kids and family
The Lion King 2 is an upcoming American computer-animated film, and prequel/sequel to The Lion King.
- Awards and Nominations
- See Also
The film starts where the previous film left off, with the presentation of King Simba and Queen Nala's newborn daughter Kiara, a ceremony which the ghost of Mufasa proudly watches over. Some time passes and the princess runs from her overprotective father and her suffocating babysitters Timon and Pumbaa and sneaks across the borders of King Simba's kingdom to the Outlands, where she encounters an \\"Outsider\\" cub named Kovu. The two soon get into trouble when they find themselves in a river sur...
1. Simba (voiced by Matthew Broderick), the titular tritagonist. He is the reigning king of the Pride Lands, the mate of Nala, the father of Kiara, later, the father-in-law of Kovu, and the son of Mufasa. He is extremely overprotective of his daughter and forbids her from meeting Kovu in fear of losing her and later, even forbids any more hunts from Kiara. Later, when Simba banishes Kovu and Kiara convinces him to give Kovu a chance as they and the Outsiders are all one, Simba finally realiz...
Discussion began about the possibility of a sequel to The Lion King before the first film even hit theaters. In January 1995, it was reported that a Lion King sequel was to be released \\"in the next twelve months\\". However, it was delayed, and then it was reported in May 1996 that it would be released in \\"early next year\\" of 1997. By 1996, producer Jeannine Roussel and director Darrell Rooney signed on board to produce and direct the sequel. In December 1996, Matthew Broderick was confirmed to...
Coincided with its direct-to-video release, Simba's Pride was accompanied with a promotional campaign which included tie-ins with McDonald's, Mattel, and Lever 2000. Unlike the North American release, Simba's Pride was theatrically released in European and Latin American countries in spring 1999.
Based on 7 reviews collected by Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 43% from critics with an average score of 5.6/10.Siskel & Ebert gave the film a \\"two-thumbs up\\" and said it was a \\"satisfactory sequel to one of the most popular films of all time, The Lion King\\". However, they also said it was best that it went to video, citing that the music was lacking and not remotely equal to the original's soundtrack. TV Guide gave the film 2½ stars out of four, claiming that, despite be...
1. Annie Awards 1. 1999 - Outstanding Achievement in an Animated Home Video Production. (Won) 2. 1999 - Outstanding Individual Achievement for Music in an Animated Feature Production - Tom Snow, Marty Panzer, and Jack Feldman (for \\"We Are One\\"). (Nominated) 3. 1999 - Outstanding Individual Achievement for Music in an Animated Feature Production - Joss Whedon (for \\"My Lullaby\\"). (Nominated) 4. 1999 - Outstanding Individual Achievement for Voice Acting in an Animated Feature Production - Suzan...
The musical score of the film was composed by Nick Glennie-Smith, who had co-composed music and conducted the orchestra for the first film. None of the CD releases of the soundtrack contain the orchestral score in the film.Unlike the original film's songs, which were written by only two composers, several composers compose the film's songs. Mark Mancina, Jay Rifkin, and Lebo M wrote \\"He Lives In You\\" while Tom Snow and Jack Feldman wrote the other songs besides \\"Upendi\\", which were composed b...
1. The story is meant to be a modern take on William Shakespeare's theatrical play Romeo and Juliet, only without Romeo and Juliet dying. 2. The scene where Timon and Pumbaa follow Kiara on her first hunt contains several references to the Timon & Pumbaa episode \\"Bumble in the Jungle\\".
1. A list of the mistakes and continuity errors in this movie can be found here. 2. Conceptual Ideas can be found here.
- Cast and Characters
- Related Television Film and Series
The film opens a few months after the events of the first film where Rafiki (Robert Guillaume) gathers the animals of the Pride Lands together for the presentation of King Simba (Matthew Broderick) and Queen Nala's (Moira Kelly) new daughter Kiara, with Mufasa's spirit (James Earl Jones) proudly watching over the ceremony.Months later, Simba becomes very overprotective of young Kiara (Michelle Horn), assigning Timon and Pumbaa (Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella) to be her babysitters. One day, wh...
1. Kiara (voiced by Michelle Horn as a cub with Neve Campbell as a young adult) is princess of the Pride Lands, Simba and Nala's daughter, Mufasa, Sarabi, and Sarafina's granddaughter, Scar's great-niece and the main protagonist. Her singing voices are Charity Sanoy (as a cub) and Liz Callaway (as an adolescent). 2. Kovu (voiced by Ryan O'Donohue as a cub and Jason Marsden as a young adult) is Zira's son and the lion chosen by Scar to be king after Scar's death, but after Scar is killed in t...
In 1998, Disney believed that The Lion King II: Simba's Pride would be so popular that it shipped 15 million copies to stores for the October 27 release date. Disney sold 3.5 million copies in three days. Thirteen million copies were sold while it was still in print in the late 90s.The film was first released on VHS in the United States on October 27, 1998, and on DVD as a limited issue on November 23, 1999. Both the original VHS and limited issue DVD were placed into the moratorium on Januar...
The Lion King II: Simba's Pride received mixed reception by critics. Siskel & Ebert gave the film a \\"two-thumbs up\\" and said it was a \\"satisfactory sequel to one of the most popular films of all time, The Lion King\\". However, they also said it was best that it went to video, citing that the music was lacking and not remotely equal to the original's soundtrack. James Plath of Movie Metropolis gave the film 6/10, saying that, \\"Simply put, we've seen it all before.\\"TV Guide gave the film 2½ star...
The songwriters were Marty Panzer, Tom Snow, Kevin Quinn, Randy Petersen, Mark Mancina, Jay Rifkin, Jack Feldman, Scott Warrender, and Joss Whedon. 1. \\"He Lives in You\\" - This is an original song by Lebo M and his African choir. This song represents Kiara's birth and is also the equivalent of \\"Circle of Life\\". The song can also be a reference to when Rafiki told Simba in the first film that Mufasa \\"lives\\" in him. Also appears in the Broadway version of the first film. It was considered as the...
In November 2015, Disney Channel aired a television film called The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar, which was followed in January 2016 by a series called The Lion Guard. Both the film and series serve as midquels to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (taking place after Kiara's first meeting with Kovu and before her first hunt as an adolescent).The film and series focus on Kiara's younger brother Kion, who as second born, becomes leader of the Lion Guard, a team who protect the Pride Lands and d...
1. Cam Clarke replaces Joseph Williams as Simba's singing voice. 2. In France, in the closing credits, it used Tina Turner singing \\"He Lives in You\\" and a cover of \\"Upendi\\" over it, instead of instrumental music and \\"Love Will Find a Way\\". 3. Its surge in popularity in recent years is likely due to the fact that the director, Darrel Rooney, stated on Twitter that Kovu was an orphan. 1. This significantly alters the film from every other film Disney made based on Romeo and Juliet in the fact...
- 1 min
The Lion King 2 plot: Simba's Pride or Lion King 1 1/2?. There are plenty of animated sequels to 1994's The Lion King for Jenkins and co. to take inspiration.The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride, The ...
apmex.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month
walmart.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month