People also ask
Who are the most famous soul singers?
Who are famous are and B soul singers?
What are the best neo-soul singers?
What singer or group has sold the most albums?
- Aretha Franklin.
- Marvin Gaye.
- The Drifters.
This is a list of soul musicians who have either been influential within the genre, or have had a considerable amount of fame. Bands are listed by the first letter in their name (not including the words "a", "an", or "the"), and individuals are listed by last name.
- Ian Mccann
- Aretha Franklin (1942-2018) Lady Soul. The Queen Of Soul. Simply Aretha, or even ’Retha… Aretha Franklin[’s sheer talent and pure soul power puts her at the top of this list of the best soul singers – untouchable, even when her release rate slowed.
- Otis Redding (1941-1967) A giant of Southern soul, the success of Otis Redding took Stax Records into the big league, and he was the Memphis label’s musical figurehead.
- Wilson Pickett (1941-2006) Soul’s force of nature, The Wicked Pickett screamed and roared his way through hit after hit in the 60s, seemingly a superstar by birthright.
- Solomon Burke (1940-2010) Crowned “The King Of Rock And Soul” in 1963, Solomon Burke was a (literally) huge figure in soul, a man around whom stories accumulated – many created by the singer himself.
- Amy Jade Winehouse . 244. Famous As: Singer-songwriter. Birthdate: September 14, 1983. Sun Sign: Virgo. Birthplace: London, England. Died: July 23, 2011. Soul and jazz singer Amy Winehouse is best remembered for her tracks Stronger Than Me and Rehab.
- Aretha Franklin . 244. Famous As: Singer & Activist. Birthdate: March 25, 1942. Sun Sign: Aries. Birthplace: Memphis, Tennessee, United States. Died: August 16, 2018.
- John Legend . 224. Famous As: Singer. Birthdate: December 28, 1978. Sun Sign: Capricorn. Birthplace: Springfield, Ohio, United States. John Legend is a singer, songwriter, actor, film producer and theatre director and his song All of Me from his fourth studio album was a Billboard Hot 100 number-one hit.
- Diana Ross . 226. Famous As: American singer. Birthdate: March 26, 1944. Sun Sign: Aries. Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, United States. With several prestigious honors, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom, under her belt, Diana Ross is one of the most popular and influential singers of all time.
- Mark Edward Nero
- Michael Jackson. The "King of Pop," Michael Jackson, began his career as a child star at the age of ten and electrified the world for over 40 years with his unparalleled talent until his death in 2009.
- Aretha Franklin. Aretha Franklin, also known as "The Queen of Soul," is one the most powerful singers in music history. She has a record list of hits throughout the 1960s, '70s, '80s and '90s.
- James Brown. James Brown was also known as "The Godfather of Soul," "Mr. Dynamite," and "The Hardest Working Man in Show Business." Brown was an R&B and soul music pioneer who established the highest standard of showmanship.
- Stevie Wonder. Stevie Wonder is one of America's greatest singer-songwriters who recorded numerous hit songs from the 1960s through the '80s. His first hit single was "Fingertips (Pt.