- The Cars. Fotos International / Getty Images. One of the original and most musically balanced torchbearers for the new wave style, the Cars both ...
- Talking Heads.
- Elvis Costello.
- The Police.
- Duran Duran.
People also ask
What was the most popular song in the 80s?
What are the best new wave bands?
What are the most popular new wave songs?
What artists were popular in the 80s?
The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
Apr 19, 2019 · Top New Wave Artists of the '80s. The Cars. Fotos International / Getty Images. One of the original and most musically balanced torchbearers for the new wave style, the Cars both ... Talking Heads. Elvis Costello. The Police. Duran Duran.
Nov 17, 2019 · The Best New Wave Bands. Depeche Mode. The Best Depeche Mode Songs of All Time The Best Depeche Mode Albums of All Time. Tears for Fears. Siouxsie & the Banshees. The Psychedelic Furs. Echo & the Bunnymen.
Oct 13, 2020 · 50. Pretty in Pink (1986) John Hughes’ use of music was so distinct and masterful that to this day, lazy music writers can describe something as ... 49. The Vapors – New Clear Days (1980) 48. The Beat (The English Beat) – I Just Can’t Stop It (1980) 47. Bow Wow Wow – I Want Candy (1982) 46. Soft ...
Top New Wave/post punk bands late 70's and 80's. Author: toshhh. Some amazingly great new wave and post punk bands This isn't a ranking but just a list of great bands
Single Bullet Theory (band) Slow Children; Sly Fox (band) Smash Palace (rock band) Sparks (band) Special Affect; The Split Squad; Sprites (band) Spy Glass Blue; SSQ (band) Stiffed (band) Suburban Lawns; Sue Saad and the Next; Suzy Saxon and the Anglos; SVT (band) The Swimming Pool Q's
Jun 30, 2020 · So much of music in the '80s was defined by the new wave movement, but what are your favorite songs from the genre? Let's rank the best '80s new wave songs that truly defined the decade, with the help of your votes. Many people think of new wave songs when they think of the 1980s, and it's no wonder why.
- Yaz - "Don't Go" (1982) Electronic mastermind Vince Clarke was part of Depeche Mode for their debut album Speak and Spell (1981) which includes the chirpy hit "Just Can't Get Enough".
- A Flock of Seagulls - "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" (1982) A Flock of Seagulls are generally viewed as something of a novelty band because of their outlandish style and hair -- they are often used as an example of the cheesier excesses of '80s new wave.
- The B-52's - "Channel Z" (1989) Since their groundbreaking early singles like "Rock Lobster" and "Planet Claire", the B-52's lost their way a bit in the '80s.
- Fugazi - "Waiting Room" (1988) Washington, D.C. 's hardcore legends Fugazi first released two EPs (1988's Fugazi and 1989's Margin Walker), which were compiled for their September 1989 release 13 Songs.
100 Greatest New Wave Songs Background: 'New Wave' evolved from 'Punk' in the late '70s being less anti-social and more radio (and MTV) friendly, hitting it's high in '83 and faded around '87. It can be best described as mixing the energy of Punk with a bit of 'Glam', 'Pop', 'Art-Rock' & 'Dance' and relied heavily on synthesizers.
Rolling Stone's Best New Wave Albums of All Time. View reviews, ratings, news & more regarding your favorite band.