The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
Apr 19, 2019 · When people consider the variety of music genres that peaked during the '80s, new wave often comes up as one of the first topics of discussion. Once a term used somewhat interchangeably with punk rock, new wave eventually expanded to include almost any quirky yet mainstream pop/rock form of the first half of the decade.
Nov 17, 2019 · This New Wave bands list ranks the best New Wave groups and musicians by votes. This list of top New Wave artists let’s you see who jazz fusion fans think are the best in New Wave. New Wave was movement that took the music world by storm. It changed the landscape of popular music and was one of the most important genres of the 1980s.
Oct 13, 2020 · The college-radio boom of the ’80s and indie rock of the 21st Century both owe a lot to the New Wave bands on this list. [Editor’s Note: This list was updated from its original publish in ...
People also ask
What was the most popular song in the 80s?
What are the best new wave bands?
What artists were popular in the 80s?
- The Cars.
- Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark.
- When in Rome.
Top New Wave/post punk bands late 70's and 80's. Author: toshhh. Some amazingly great new wave and post punk bands This isn't a ranking but just a list of great bands
During the late '70s and early '80s, New Wave was a catch-all term for the music that directly followed punk rock; often, the term encompassed punk itself, as well. In retrospect, it became clear that the music following punk could be divided, more or less, into two categories -- post-punk and new wave.
This is a list of new wave groups and artists from the United States. Pages in category "American new wave musical groups" The following 164 pages are in this ...
Jun 30, 2020 · So much of music in the '80s was defined by the new wave movement, but what are your favorite songs from the genre? Let's rank the best '80s new wave songs that truly defined the decade, with the help of your votes. Many people think of new wave songs when they think of the 1980s, and it's no wonder why.
- Yaz - "Don't Go" (1982) Electronic mastermind Vince Clarke was part of Depeche Mode for their debut album Speak and Spell (1981) which includes the chirpy hit "Just Can't Get Enough".
- A Flock of Seagulls - "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)" (1982) A Flock of Seagulls are generally viewed as something of a novelty band because of their outlandish style and hair -- they are often used as an example of the cheesier excesses of '80s new wave.
- The B-52's - "Channel Z" (1989) Since their groundbreaking early singles like "Rock Lobster" and "Planet Claire", the B-52's lost their way a bit in the '80s.
- Fugazi - "Waiting Room" (1988) Washington, D.C. 's hardcore legends Fugazi first released two EPs (1988's Fugazi and 1989's Margin Walker), which were compiled for their September 1989 release 13 Songs.