May 16, 2019 · The city is part of the Belfast Metropolitan Urban Area. Bangor . Bangor is the fifth largest ...RankCityPopulation1Belfast333,0002Derry85,0163Lisburn71,4654Newtownabbey62,056
Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon: County Down: 16,637 17: Armagh: Armagh City, Banbridge and ...
Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon: ABC: Dist : 1,347..... 175,427: 199,693: 216,205: 134700 → ...NameAdm.Population Census (C) 1981-04-05Population Census (C) 1991-04-05AntrimANA22,34220,878ArmaghABC12,70014,265BallycastleCCG3,2844,005BallyclareANA6,1597,108
People also ask
What is the largest city in Northern Ireland?
Is Northern Ireland a city?
What is the Irish Republic?
Note that this is the official number of cities in Northern Ireland. These are settlements with an official city charter. Unofficially however it is common for large towns to be referred to as cities, as most people define cities as large towns. Armagh; Belfast; Lisburn; Londonderry; Newry; See also cities in England, cities in Scotland and cities in Wales. Northern Ireland Websites
For lists of towns in Northern Ireland, see here.. Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cities in Northern Ireland.: Subcategories. This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- Dublin. There are only five official cities in the Republic of Ireland (the rest are towns or villages), and Dublin is at the absolute top of the list. 565,000 people call the central urban area of the capital city home, but there are more than 1.8 million people living in the metropolitan area.
- Belfast (Northern Ireland) Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland, which is a part of the United Kingdom. The urban center boasts 340,220 inhabitants, but the wider metropolitan area is home to more than 670,000 people.
- Cork. With 119,230 inhabitants, Cork is one of Ireland’s largest cities but it still manages to feel like a small town with a welcoming attitude and slower pace of life.
- Limerick. After Cork, Limerick is the second largest city in the province of Munster and home to 94,192 inhabitants (with a total of 162,413 people living in the metro area).
Largest Cities: (by population) Belfast, Londonberry, Lisburn, Newtonabbey, Bangor, Craigavon, Castlereagh Name: The Irish word for Ireland is Eriu, who was a Gaelic goddess. Northern was added with the formation of the northern country.
- John Moen
Apr 08, 2021 · Under the Northern Ireland Protocol of the Brexit withdrawal agreement, a de facto border was created in the Irish Sea, with goods entering Northern Ireland from mainland Britain subject to EU ...
Ireland Major Cities Map At Ireland Major Cities Map page, view political map of Ireland, physical maps, Ireland touristic map, satellite images, driving direction, major cities traffic map, Ireland atlas, auto routes, google street views, terrain, country national population, energy resources maps, cities map, regional household incomes and ...
- related to: major cities in northern ireland