Yahoo Web Search

  1. Malay Peninsula - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Malay_Peninsula

    The Malay Peninsula (Malay: Semenanjung Tanah Melayu) is a peninsula in Mainland Southeast Asia. The landmass runs approximately north–south and, at its terminus, is the southernmost point of the Asian continental mainland. The area contains Peninsular Malaysia, Southern Thailand, and the southernmost tip of Myanmar .

  2. Peninsular Malaysia - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Peninsular_Malaysia

    Peninsular Malaysia, also known as West Malaysia or the Malaysian Peninsula, formerly known as Malaya, is the part of Malaysia which occupies the southern half of the Malay Peninsula in Mainland Southeast Asia and the nearby islands. Its area totals 132,265 km2, which is nearly 40% of the total area of the country; the other 60% is East Malaysia. For comparison, it is slightly larger than England. It shares a land border with Thailand to the north. Across the Strait of Malacca to the west lies t

  3. Demographics of Malaysia - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Demographics_of_Malaysia

    The population distribution is uneven, with some 79% of its citizens concentrated in Peninsular Malaysia, which has an area of 131,598 square kilometres (50,810.27 sq mi), constituting under 40% of the total area of Malaysia. The Malaysian population is growing at a rate of 1.94% per annum as of 2017.

  4. People also ask

    Where is Malay Peninsula located?

    What does Malay peninsula mean?

    Where is Malaya located?

    What is the name of the Peninsula Malaysia is on?

  5. Southern Thailand - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Southern_Thai

    Southern Thailand is on the Malay Peninsula, with an area of around 70,714 km 2 (27,303 sq mi), bounded to the north by Kra Isthmus, the narrowest part of the peninsula. The western part has highly steep coasts, while on the east side river plains dominate.

    • 9,454,193
    • Hat Yai
  6. Malaysian Malay - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Malaysian_Malays

    Malaysian Malays ( Malaysian: Melayu Malaysia, Jawi: ملايو مليسيا) are Malaysians of Malay ethnicity whose ancestry originates wholly or partly in the Malay world. In 2015 population estimate, Malaysian Malays form 50.8% of the total population of Malaysia or 15.7 million people. They can be broadly classified into two main ...

  7. Malaysia - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    simple.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Malaysia

    Its mainland is on the Malay Peninsula. It faces the Straits of Malacca on its west coast and the South China Sea on its east coast. The other part of this country, sometimes known as East Malaysia, is on the northern part of the island of Borneo in the South China Sea. Kuala Lumpur on the Malay Peninsula is its capital.

  8. Kedahan Malay people - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Kedahan_Malay_people

    Kedahan Malay or commonly known as Orang Utara, is a sub-group of Malays that is native to Northern Malaysia and in southernmost parts of Thailand and Burma. They are among the earliest settlers in the Malay peninsula. Kedahan Malays comprised at least 15% of the total Malaysian Malay population and constitute over 75% of the Kedah state population, thus making them the largest ethnic group in the state of Kedah.

  9. Pattani Province - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Pattani

    Pattani ( Thai: ปัตตานี, pronounced [pàt.tāː.nīː]; Pattani Malay: ڤطاني, 'ตานิง, pronounced [ˈtːaniŋ]) is one of the southern provinces of Thailand. Neighboring provinces are (from southeast clockwise) Narathiwat, Yala, and Songkhla. Its capital is the town of Pattani .

  10. Malay Peninsula | Encyclopedia.com

    www.encyclopedia.com › malay-peninsula

    Jun 11, 2018 · Malay Peninsula Promontory of se Asia, stretching for c. 1100km (700mi) between the Strait of Malacca and the South China Sea. The n part of the Peninsula is now s Thailand and the s part is Malaya (w Malaysia): Singapore lies off its s tip. A mountain range forms the backbone of the Peninsula, rising to 2190m (7186ft) at Mount Gunong Tahang.

  11. People also search for