Sep 10, 2018 · Clubs like Studio 54, Hurrah and Ice Palace 57 dominated the scene of the late ’60s and through the ’70s, when self-exploration was welcome under the fragmented light of a disco ball.
Apr 07, 2017 · The DJ, who played at Studio 54 and opened his first club, the Gallery, in Manhattan in 1973, reveals the New York party and music hotspots he rates today @ will_coldwell Fri 7 Apr 2017 08.36 EDT
Retroclubnyc is NYC’s top dance club and nightclub playing the best dance music from the 70s, 80s, and 90s thru today including classic disco, freestyle and house music. Retroclubnyc is New York City and Manhattan’s best club to celebrate a birthday party, bachelor party, bachelorette party, anniversary party, or engagement party!
- The 100 Club. Location: 100 Oxford Street, London, England. Who Played There: Benny Goodman, Louis Armstrong, The Sex Pistols, The Stranglers, The Clash, Siouxie & The Banshees, The Damned.
- The 40 Watt Club. Location: 285 West Washington St., Athens, Georgia. Who Played There: R.E.M., The B-52s, Indigo Girls, Modern Skirts, Pylon. Why It’s Awesome: Southern rock ain’t just Lynyrd Skynyrd!
- Whisky a Go Go. Location: 8901 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, California. Who Played There: The Doors, The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Johnny Rivers, Alice Cooper, Frank Zappa, Arthur Lee and Love, Motley Crue, Red Hot Chili Peppers…for a start.
- The Troubadour. Location: 9081 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, California. Who Played There: Elton John, James Taylor, Carole King, Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles, Love, Joni Mitchell, the Byrds, Jackson Browne, Neil Diamond, Guns N’ Roses.
People also ask
What clubs were in the "70's?
What are the clubs in New York City?
What was the club scene like in the 70s?
Where was the Ritz in New York City?
The Ritz was one of the first clubs to incorporate video screens into the club experience with a 30' screen and a projector which cost $120,000. MTV made its debut at The Ritz. In April 1989, The Ritz moved to the site of the former Studio 54 on 254 West 54th Street, where it was called "The New Ritz" and continued to host concerts for several ...
- Bowery Ballroom. 380. $$Music Venues, Performing Arts, Bars. (212) 533-2111. 6 Delancey St. Lower East Side. Purchase Tickets Online.
- Arlene’s Grocery. 272. $$Karaoke, Music Venues, Dive Bars. (212) 358-1633. 95 Stanton St. Lower East Side.
- TV Eye 4 Music Venues, Bars. 1647 Weirfield St. Ridgewood.
- The Village Underground. 310. $$Dance Clubs, Lounges, Comedy Clubs. (212) 777-7745. 130 W 3rd St. Greenwich Village.
Jul 22, 2013 · The Ritz on 125 East 11th St. was the premier rock club in New York in the '80s, and it hosted gigs by pretty much every hot act from the era, from Sonic Youth and Public Enemy to early shows by ...