The name on Callas's New York birth certificate is Sophie Cecilia Kalos. She was born at Flower Hospital (now the Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center), 1249 5th Avenue, Manhattan, on December 2, 1923, to Greek parents, George Kalogeropoulos (c. 1881–1972) and Elmina Evangelia "Litsa" née Demes, originally Dimitriadou (c. 1894–1982), although she was christened Maria Anna Cecilia ...
- Maria Callas sings "Casta Diva" (Bellini: Norma, Act 1)youtube.com
- Maria Callas Live: Bizet's Carmen Habanera, Hamburg 1962youtube.com
- Puccini - O mio babbino caroyoutube.com
- Maria Callas in Concert Hamburg, 15 May 1959 & 16 March 1962. Full movie in HD!!!youtube.com
Aug 26, 2019 · American opera singer Maria Callas was born Cecilia Sophia Anna Maria Kalogeropoulos in New York City on December 2, 1923, a date confirmed by the attending physician for the delivery and what is...
- 2 min
Official website of Maria Callas: soprano, opera legend, ‘La Divina’. Diva of La Scala, celebrated as La traviata, Tosca, Norma, Lucia di Lammermoor, Medea.
Discover, stream and download the Vivaldi Edition everywhere: https://lnk.to/VivaldiEdition1 - 00:00 - Norma, Act I, Scene 4: "Casta diva... Fine al rito" (N...
- 254 min
- Classical Experience
Mini Bio (1) This volatile opera diva was born Sophie Cecilia Kalos in New York City to Greek émigrés on December 2, 1923. Her father set up a pharmacy and changed the family name from Kalogeropoulos to Callas. As a child Maria studied the piano.
- Viva La Divina! Born in New York City on 2 December 1923, Maria Callas was adored by both public and critics alike for her vocal technique and dramatic gifts.
- An unhappy childhood. Callas often spoke of her unhappy childhood. After her mother spotted Maria's talent for music, the five-year old was pushed into singing lessons.
- Model student. Callas’s teacher described her as "a model student. Fanatical, uncompromising, dedicated to her studies heart and soul. Her progress was phenomenal.
- The "God-given" After several student appearances, Callas began appearing in secondary roles at the Greek National Opera. She made her professional debut in February 1941.
May 05, 1997 · It is a brave man who dares criticise Maria Callas these days. In the 20 years since her lonely death in Paris at the age of 54 the American-born Greek soprano has been deified transformed almost...
- 6 min
- Jose Luis Olvera
Oct 24, 2019 · Portrait of Greek-American opera singer Maria Callas (1923 - 1977), standing outdoors in a field and holding a hand fan, Rome, Italy. (Tony Vaccaro/Hulton Archive/Getty Images) Callas died in 1977...
- related to: maria callas
PublicRecordsNow.com has been visited by 10K+ users in the past month