- related to: martin scorsese movies ranked
79 Metascore. In the 17th century, two Portuguese Jesuit priests travel to Japan in an attempt to locate their mentor, who is rumored to have committed apostasy, and to propagate Catholicism. Director: Martin Scorsese | Stars: Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, Liam Neeson, Tadanobu Asano. Votes: 103,296 | Gross: $7.10M. 18.
A ranking of the feature films directed by Martin Scorsese that I have seen, presented in order of best to worst. Refine See titles to watch instantly, titles you haven't rated, etc Instant Watch Options
People also ask
What films has Martin Scorsese directed?
What was Martin Scorsese's first feature film?
How many movies has Martin Scorsese made?
Jul 23, 2021 · All Martin Scorsese Movies Ranked by Tomatometer. Pick any decade since the 1970s American New Wave, reach in to grab some of the best movies of those years, and chances are you’ll be pulling out some Martin Scorsese pictures.
- GoodFellas (1990) Like many certified classics, GoodFellas has been so absorbed by the culture that it now runs the risk of being simplified in our collective consciousness as just a collection of memorable quotes, stylish flourishes, and striking visuals: the “Layla” death montage; “I’m funny how?!?”;
- Taxi Driver (1976) Taxi Driver, like its protagonist, has always felt too real. Its nightmarish vision of New York as a hell that just needs a rain to come down and wash all the scum off the sidewalks is so fully realized that the city has been portrayed alternately as the most horrible and the most wonderful place on earth ever since, as if to either steer into or overcompensate for Scorsese’s depiction.
- Raging Bull (1980) It’s easy to see this movie as the apex of a certain kind of tortured-male cinema: The lead actor gained a ton of weight for the role, the director was working through a spiritual crisis, and the subject was a, yes, raging bull whose athletic prowess couldn’t quell his many personal flaws.
- The King of Comedy (1982) For years, this thorny, proudly unlikable little dark comedy was the go-to Scorsese movie to pick as his most underrated. (It didn’t do great business and wasn’t particularly beloved by critics at the time of its release.)
Jun 23, 2021 · Martin Scorsese's films, ranked. When you are talking about the greatest living filmmakers, Martin Scorsese is one of the first names that will be mentioned. While he doesn’t have as many Oscars ...
- Goodfellas (1990) It's never fun to go with the obvious pick, but sometimes it's obvious for a reason. ("Stairway to Heaven" is the best Led Zeppelin song, too, come at me.)
- Taxi Driver (1976) From the billowing clouds of exhaust steam floating above the pavement in the opening credits to the dripping droplets of blood falling from Travis Bickle's finger in the final shootout, Taxi Driveris a thriller of tactile images that activate the senses.
- The Last Temptation of Christ (1988) While Scorsese shows no signs of slowing up, it's unlikely that any of his future projects will inspire civil unrest, the destruction of property, and several serious injuries.
- The King of Comedy (1983) There's something almost charming about the delusional ineptitude wannabe comedian and actual kidnapper Rupert Pupkin has on display in The King of Comedy,just one of the wonderful subversions of this entry into the Scorsese canon.
- GOODFELLAS (1990) Written by Nicholas Pileggi and Martin Scorsese, based on the book ‘Wiseguy’ by Pileggi. Starring Robert De Niro, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, Lorraine Bracco, Paul Sorvino.
- RAGING BULL (1980) Written by Paul Schrader and Mardik Martin, based on the book by Jake LaMotta, Joseph Carter and Peter Savage. Starring Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci, Cathy Moriarty, Nicholas Colasanto, Theresa Saldana, Frank Vincent, Johnny Barnes.
- THE IRISHMAN (2019) Written by Steven Zaillian. Starring Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Ray Romano, Harvey Keitel, Anna Paquin, Bobby Cannavale, Stephen Graham, Jesse Plemons.
- TAXI DRIVER (1976) Written by Paul Schrader. Starring Robert De Niro, Jodie Foster, Albert Brooks, Harvey Keitel, Leonard Harris, Peter Boyle, Cybill Shepherd.
Nov 30, 2019 · Every Martin Scorsese Movie Ranked, Worst To Best With The Irishman now streaming on Netflix, it’s time to look back at the best and worst movies of Martin Scorsese’s astounding career. By Kayleigh Donaldson Published Nov 30, 2019
Jun 08, 2020 · Director Martin Scorsese is most closely associated with gangster and crime films, particularly the 1990 classic Goodfellas and the Vegas-set Casino.He has had a remarkably diverse career, including raucous comedies (The King of Comedy), documentary films (Shine a Light), period dramas (Gangs of New York), psychological thrillers (Shutter Island), and the hit kid's film Hugo.