- 80s New Wave Alternative Songs Mixtape Volume 10youtube.com
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)youtube.com
- Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO]youtube.com
- Obscure 80s New Wave Rare Hits of The 80's Select Songs From Rare Hits of The 80's Compsyoutube.com
Sep 08, 2016 · For most people, Scottish band Orange Juice was a one-hit wonder known for the UK Top 10 song “Rip It Up,” which was one of their most keyboard-driven New Wave-y tunes.
Dec 01, 2009 · Top 50 New Wave Songs Of All Time (as decided on by WFDU listeners): 1. Joy Division - Love Will tear Us Apart 2. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Christine 3. The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never ...
- Carrie Brownstein
- “The Big Country”—Talking Heads. Beginning with a mournful country twang, the song rings of coastal snobbery, but I can’t say I haven’t felt this. David Byrne is a plane flying cross-country noting “a baseball diamond, nice weather down there, places to park,” and decides, “I wouldn’t do the things the way those people do/I wouldn’t live there if you paid me.”
- “You’re All I’ve Got Tonight”—The Cars. “Just What I Needed” put the Boston quintet on the map—Roxy-ish, synth-and-guitar driven power-pop—but “You’re All I’ve Got Tonight” is the pick.
- “Just Can’t Get Enough”—Depeche Mode. Before singer Dave Gahan joined and Depeche Mode embraced a darker, more art-rock side, singer-songwriter Vince Clarke penned this almost absurdly buoyant hit about nothing so much as the joy of being alive and experiencing all life had to offer.
- “Tank”—The Stranglers. Margaret Thatcher was a year away from power and Ronald Reagan two years, but tension was in the air and the sabers were rattling.
- The Cars. One of the original and most musically balanced torchbearers for the new wave style, the Cars both exemplified and defined new wave with their sweeping, accessible sound.
- Talking Heads. Almost all of the early New York City punk rock bands would ultimately take on the new wave descriptor, which is actually rather appropriate given the array of experimental styles found in that city's mid-'70s scene.
- Elvis Costello. A common characteristic of the most enduring artists of the new wave era, perhaps by necessity, is an overriding versatility and searching needs to test the boundaries of what pop music had to offer.
- The Police. The proximity of the Police to the punk rock revolution in England may have had as much to do with the band's inclusion in the new wave category as its reggae-inflected sound, but the trio certainly reflected the variety ultimately housed within the genre.
People also ask
What is new wave music?
What are the most popular songs on radio?
What are the top 50 new wave songs?
Who are the top new wave artists?
My Top 200 Favorite New Wave Songs. Author: danganet. Published 2001
New Wave music first appeared in the late 1970's and subsequently kept us entertained well into the late 1980's. A whole wide range of musical acts have been...
The following is a list of artists and bands associated with the new wave music genre during the late 1970s and early-to-mid 1980s. The list does not include acts associated with the resurgences and revivals of the genre that have occurred from the 1990s onward.
During the late '70s and early '80s, New Wave was a catch-all term for the music that directly followed punk rock; often, the term encompassed punk itself, as well. In retrospect, it became clear that the music following punk could be divided, more or less, into two categories -- post-punk and new wave.
Jun 19, 2020 · Suited for smaller spaces, the bookshelf-style, Sony CMTSBT100 Micro Music System has 50 watts of power, a built-in CD player, AM/FM radio, a USB input for your music playlist, Bluetooth connectivity and one-touch NFC so you can stream music via your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- The New Livestreaming Landscape; Close Calls; Chart Search; Boxscore; Billboard Bulletin; Artist index; Song Index; PRO CHARTS . Pop Songs; Hot R&B / Hip-Hop Songs; Hot Country Songs ...