- A motion picture content rating system classifies films based on their suitability for audiences due to their treatment of issues such as sex, violence, or substance abuse; their use of profanity; or other matters typically deemed unsuitable for children or adolescents. Most countries have some form of rating system that issues determinations variously known as certifications, classifications, certificates, or ratings.
People also ask
What are the different movie ratings?
What is a PG-13 rating for a movie?
What is the difference between R rated movies and X Rated movies?
Why did the rating of movies change from m to PG?
Director: Brett Ratner | Stars: Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen Votes: 517,928 | Gross: $234.36M 2. Super 8 (2011) PG-13 | 112 min | Action, Mystery, Sci-Fi 7 Rate 72 Metascore During the summer of 1979, a group of friends witness a train crash and investigate subsequent unexplained events in their small town.
Today any movie commercially released in America features a rating. The rating is comprised of the rating symbol (G, PG, PG-13, R, or NC-17) along with a brief description of why the film received that rating. Common reasons cited are violence, language, nudity, sexuality, drug use, and adult situations, but that list is far from comprehensive.
Aug 07, 2022 · Ratings for Movies Rated PG-13. The PG-13 rating was introduced in 1984 as an intermediate level between the PG and R ratings. A number of films fell into a grey area where they contained more objectionable content than the average PG film but didn’t push enough boundaries to land an R rating.
Titles With Full Reviews Are Marked in Red # 1UP 2 Fast 2 Furious 2 Guns 3 2 1 Penguins—Trouble on Planet Wait-Your-Turn 3:10 to Yuma 3 Days To Kill 3 Ninjas Kick Back The 5th Quarter The 5th Wave The 6th Day (2000) 7 Days in Entebbe 8 Seconds 9/11 9 (Nine) 10,000 BC 10 Cloverfield Lane 10 Things I Hate About You The 11th Hour 12 Angry Men (1997)
- G — General Audiences. All Ages Admitted. A G-rated motion picture contains nothing in theme, language, nudity, sex, violence or other matters that, in the view of the Rating Board, would offend parents whose younger children view the motion picture.
- PG — Parental Guidance Suggested. Some Material May Not Be Suitable For Children. A PG-rated motion picture should be investigated by parents before they let their younger children attend.
- PG-13 — Parents Strongly Cautioned. Some Material May Be Inappropriate For Children Under 13. A PG-13 rating is a sterner warning by the Rating Board to parents to determine whether their children under age 13 should view the motion picture, as some material might not be suited for them.
- R — Restricted. Children Under 17 Require Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian. An R-rated motion picture, in the view of the Rating Board, contains some adult material.