- related to: movie themes
8.0/10 (6342 reviews)
- Love. Who doesn’t enjoy a good love story? The movie Titanic is built around the theme of love (right down to its Oscar-winning theme song). Love can conquer incredible obstacles, like class divides, disapproving family members, and disaster.
- Humanity vs. technology. Science fiction offers particular opportunities to explore anxieties about technology. 2001: A Space Odyssey provides a masterful example.
- Sacrifice. The Lord of the Rings trilogy has several different themes throughout it, but the most unifying is that of sacrifice. While Sauron and Saruman are defined by their lust for power, the heroes—like Gandalf, Sam, and Frodo—distinguish themselves through their willingness to sacrifice themselves for others and the greater good.
- Good vs. evil. The main theme of the Star Wars saga is good vs. evil, and the series provides an excellent demonstration of how all the elements of cinematic language can support a central theme.
- God and Philosophy. In this category, subtopics that yield common themes include: Faith vs. doubt. Fate vs. self-determination. Reason vs. faith.
- Survival. In this category, subtopics that yield common themes include: Human vs. nature. Human vs. human. Individual vs. self. Perseverance/finding strength.
- Virtue and Values. In this category, subtopics that yield common themes include: Courage and heroism. Honor and loyalty. Hypocrisy. Facing fear/finding bravery.
- Love. In this category, subtopics that yield common themes include: Love vs. loneliness. Love vs. Social control. Finding self-love. Regret over lost love.
100 Best Film Theme Tunes. ... Release Calendar DVD & Blu-ray Releases Top Rated Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets ...
When we apply this definition of theme to film and literature we get: A theme is an underlying message, idea, or concept that motivates characters to behave the way they do. An author may start a work with a theme in mind or may write to a theme unconsciously. A theme can also be seen as the moral of the story.
Mar 22, 2021 · Great movie themes are often instrumentals that when played, can be easily recognized. Themes from Rocky, Batman, The Godfather franchise, 2001: A Space Odyssey, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial and Psycho are among the most recognizable songs and have long since established their place in pop culture.
People also ask
What are some examples of movie themes?
What are the most popular themes in movies?
How important are themes to a movie?
What is a theme of a movie?
Apr 01, 2011 · The most common themes in films describe an opinion about society, human nature, or life in general. And while you’re getting ready to scoff at Hollywood for using the same themes repeatedly, think about how amazing it is that the same kinds of stories can be told in so many different ways.
Download popular movie based themes for Windows 10 computers with wallpapers and posters from Hollywood and Bollywood movies like Avengers, Mission Impossible, Star Wars and more
- Good vs. Evil. The oldest and perhaps most successful story theme. Whether it’s Light vs. Dark (Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings), White Hat Heroes vs. Black Hat Villains (Westerns of the 40s, 50s, and 60s), Innocence vs. Evil (It, Poltergeist, The Exorcist), or Superheroes vs. Supervillains (The Marvel Cinematic Universe, Batman movies, Superman movies), good versus evil is the most easily defined story theme in the history of cinema.
- Love. On par with Good vs. Evil, the story theme of Love is intriguing because every human being craves it — which makes the plight of the characters within love-themed stories relatable to audiences.
- Perseverance. Perseverance Movies can be better defined in these contemporary times as Underdog Movies because when a protagonist is forced to persevere through conflict, trials, and tribulations, they are clearly the underdog in the situation or scenario.
- Coming of Age. Every generation has their go-to Coming of Age movie. It’s such a relatable theme because, at one point or another, everyone has that coming of age moment in their lives — and more likely a culmination of those types of moments and events throughout their lives.
May 28, 2007 · Memorable themes such as the guitar Cavatina from The Deer Hunter and Tubular Bells from The Exorcist break up the symphonic sound. There's plenty here that most people will recognize, even if they haven't seen all of the most popular movies of the last 30 years.