Munich exudes Bavarian charm. Beer fanatics should head immediately to the Hofbräuhaus, a hops heaven that’s been churning out the good stuff since 1589. The drinking is downright legendary during Oktoberfest, a celebration of local beers and German specialty foods.
- 24 Hours in Munich Germany | Top Things to do in Munich | Travel Vlogyoutube.com
- Visit Munich - The DON'Ts of Visiting Munich, Germanyyoutube.com
- Munich, Germany Walking Tour (4k Ultra HD 60fps)youtube.com
- Walking in MUNICH / Germany 🇩🇪- 4K 60fps (UHD)youtube.com
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Munich, Germany on Tripadvisor: See 206,674 traveler reviews and photos of Munich tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in September. We have reviews of the best places to see in Munich. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Viktualienmarkt Munich is one of Germany's most popular food markets. Dining out in Corona times: Rules. FAQs on visiting beer gardens and restaurants in Munich. Where to stay
Munich is connected by rail to all the main cities of Germany and Austria, and it is a major hub for the German and European high-speed passenger rail system. Autobahnen (expressways) from Stuttgart, Nürnberg, and Salzburg converge on the city.
People also ask
What is the history of Munich Germany?
What is the best beer in Munich Germany?
What is Munich known for?
When is the best time to visit Munich?
Explore Munich holidays and discover the best time and places to visit. | Tall tankards and high-tech cars, edgy art and Lederhosen – Munich is a city where traditional and modern sit side by side like few places on earth.
Munich was almost completely destroyed in two world wars, yet it's managed to recreate much of its folkloric, Bavarian past. Oktoberfest is legendary, but you can visit the Hofbrauhaus any time of year for an immense beer. Olympiapark, the site of the 1972 games, is not to be missed (you can skate on the Olympic ice rink and swim in the pool).
- Lenbachhaus. 857 reviews. "A lovely museum were I re-discovered my love of the Blue Rider art group.Their collection of Franz Marc, Gabriele Münter, Alexej Jawlensky, August Macke, Wassliy Kandinsky is outstanding!"
- NS-Dokumentationszentrum Muenchen. 653 reviews. "The NS-Dokumentationszentrum München (Munich Documentation Center for the History of National Socialism) provides an excellent opportunity for learning and remembrance in assessing Munich’s Nazi past and the impac..."
- Alte Pinakothek. 2,626 reviews. "The 4 of us went to the Munich's Alte Pinothek Art Museum and it was fantastic there was so much to see and look at we had a great experiences looking around the art and the history it was just amazing worth the v..."
- Residenz. 5,457 reviews. "... of Bavaria as well as a vast collection of jewels, royal insignia, goldsmith's work, jeweled chests, enamels, crystal objects and ivories that have been collected over the centuries by the rulers of Bavaria.""
- Alte Pinakothek. Dating to 1836, the Alte Pinakothek is one of the world’s oldest art galleries. The museum’s Neo-Renaissance design would be a model for galleries that sprouted in Brussels, Rome and St Petersburg.
- Munich Residenz. What began as a 14th-century castle for the Wittelsbach monarchs on the northern edge of the city burgeoned over the course of several hundred years into a sublime palace complex of ten courtyards and 130 rooms.
- Neues Rathaus. A postcard favourite, Munich’s town hall on Marienplatz is a Gothic Revival wonder, a monument worthy of the city. The facade is festooned with pinnacles, niches with little trefoil arches and statues of the first four Bavarian kings on the bay of the tower.
- Englischer Garten. Scanning a map of the city, you’ll be struck by the size of the Englischer Garten. Created in the 18th century, the park begins on the left bank of the Isar in the north behind the Residenz and just seems to go on and on.
Hitler and the Third Reich Munich Walking Tour (From $23.49) Small Group Munich Old Town Walking Tour (From $19.27) Munich City Hop-on Hop-off Tour (From $22.88) Private and personalized experience: see Munich with a local (From $65.75) Munich 3-Hour Third Reich History Walking Tour (From $18.07) See all Marienplatz experiences on Tripadvisor