Murder on the Orient Express was released theatrically in the UK on 24 November 1974. The film was a success at the box office, given its tight budget of $1.4 million,  earning $36 million in North America,   making it the 11th highest-grossing film of 1974 .
- Murder on the Orient Expressvudu.com
- Murder on the Orient Expressvudu.com
- Murder on the Orient Express (1974)imdb.com
- Murder on the Orient Expressfandangonow.com
People also ask
Who starred in movie murder on orient express 1974?
What is the movie Murder on the Orient Express?
Who played Poirot in Murder on the Orient Express?
What year was murder on the Orient Express made?
Murder on the Orient Express (1974) Main article: Murder on the Orient Express (1974 film) The book was made into a 1974 movie directed by Sidney Lumet and produced by John Brabourne and Richard B. Goodwin; it was a critical and commercial hit.
- Agatha Christie
- 256 (first edition, hardcover)
- 1 January 1934
Murder on the Orient Express is a 1974 British American mystery movie directed by Sidney Lumet and was based on the novel of the same name by Agatha Christie.
Please add to the list references that can be used for the film article. Leitch, Thomas (2002). "Murder on the Orient Express, Blue Velvet, and the Unofficial-Detective Film". Crime Films. Genres in American Cinema. Cambridge University Press. pp. 170–191. ISBN 0521646715. Suspension of Disblief
Murder on the Orient Express adalah sebuah film misteri Inggris 1974 yang disutradarai oleh Sidney Lumet, diproduksi oleh John Brabourne dan Richard B. Goodwin, dan berdasarkan pada novel tahun 1934 Murder on the Orient Express karya Agatha Christie.
- Details About The Kidnapping
- Production Details
- Academy Awards and Nominations
- Other Poirot Films
Who was the murder??? *write here* The film (and book) features the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot. Albert Finney stars as Poirot, who is asked by his friend Bianchi (Martin Balsam), a train company director, to investigate the murder of an American business tycoon, Mr. Ratchett (Richard Widmark), aboard a train with an all-star cast of suspects, including Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman (delivering an Oscar-winning performance), Sean Connery, John Gielgud, Vanessa Redgrave, Michael York and...
Having sorted a matter out in the Middle East, detective Hercule Poirot (Albert Finney) is returning to England aboard the Orient Express. During the journey, Poirot encounters his friend Bianchi (Martin Balsam), a director of the Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits, which owns the line. The train is unusually crowded for the time of year: every first-class berth has been booked. Shortly after the train's departure from Constantinople, a wealthy American businessman, Ratchett (Richard Wi...
1. Greta Ohlssen is bound and gagged, when she discovers and tries to stop Daisy being kidnapped (thus crushing many toys and having the chair in which she is bound to, knocked over). 2. Beddoes tries to attack Cassetti, but his partner knocks him out with a blow to the head. 3. Hildegarde witnesses this act and screams from the upper stairs. 4. The kidnappers escape in a car, out through a back door. 5. Paulette and someone (believed to be Cyrus Hardman) are in the garden house and see the...
1. Albert Finney ... Hercule Poirot 2. Lauren Bacall ... Mrs. Harriet Belinda Hubbard 3. Sean Connery ... Colonel Arbuthnott 4. Ingrid Bergman ... Greta Ohlsson 5. Michael York ... Count Rudolf Andrenyi 6. Vanessa Redgrave ... Mary Debenham 7. Jacqueline Bisset ... Countess Elena Andrenyi 8. Richard Widmark ... Mr. Ratchett 9. John Gielgud ... Edward Beddoes 10. Anthony Perkins ... Hector McQueen 11. Martin Balsam ... Bianchi 12. Rachel Roberts ... Hildegarde Schmidt 13. Wendy Hiller ... Pri...
Exterior shooting was mostly done in France, with a railroad workshop near Paris standing in for Istanbul station. The scenes of the train proceeding through central Europe were filmed in the Jura mountains on the then recently closed railway line from Pontarlier to Gilley, with the scenes of the train getting stuck being filmed in a cutting near Montbenoît. Coincidentally, this area (part of Yugoslavia in the story) is part of the micronation of Saugeais. There were concerns about a lack of...
The film was extremely successful at the box office, earning an estimated $20 million in the US and $15 million in other territories.On opening weekend, there were crowds around blocks waiting to see the movie.
1. Academy Award: Best Supporting Actress, Ingrid Bergman 2. Academy Award Nomination: Best Actor in a Leading Role, Albert Finney 3. Academy Award Nomination: Best Cinematography, Geoffrey Unsworth 4. Academy Award Nomination: Best Costume Design, Tony Walton 5. Academy Award Nomination: Best Music, Original Dramatic Score, Richard Rodney Bennett 6. Academy Award Nomination: Best Writing, Screenplay Adapted from Other Material, Paul Dehn
It was the first of a number of \\"all-star\\" adaptations of Agatha Christie novels in the 1970s and early 1980s. Similar films included Death on the Nile, The Mirror Crack'd, Evil Under the Sun, and Appointment with Death. It is the only occasion that Finney portrayed Poirot, with Peter Ustinov portraying the detective in subsequent films.
1. ↑ Trains Oubliés Vol.2: Le PLM by José Banaudo, p. 54 (French). Editions du Cabri, Menton, France 2. ↑ DVD documentary \\"Making Murder on the Orient Express: The Ride\\" 3. ↑ The Agatha Christie Companion: The Complete Guide to Agatha Christie's Life and Work, by Dennis Sanders and Len Lovallo (1984), pgs. 438-441 4. ↑ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/murder_on_the_orient_express/
Murder on the Orient Express (Film 1974) – Wikipedia Murder on the Orient Express (Film 1974) Murder on the Orient Express ass e brittesche Kriminalfilm vum Sidney Lumet aus dem Joer 1974 nom Roman mam selwechten Numm vun der Agatha Christie. Ëm wat geet et am Film?
Murder on the Orient Express is a 1974 film with Albert Finney as Poirot. In December 2010 the series Agatha Christie's Poirot, featuring David Suchet as Poirot, aired " Murder on the Orient Express ". In November 2017 a new film adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express starring Kenneth Branagh as Poirot was released.
The film is the fourth screen adaptation of Christie's novel, following the 1974 film, a 2001 TV film version, and a 2010 episode of the television series Agatha Christie's Poirot. The plot follows Poirot, a world-renowned detective, as he investigates a murder on the luxury Orient Express train service in the 1930s.